Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off where can i find this body kit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1871397180

my other questions is this.... My wife some how caught her diamond on the wood trim on the drivers door and it looks like someone has taken a knife and cut about 6" out of it... So before i go and replace the one part is there a company that sales all of them... I would like to have the black marble looking trim like the 55's or carbon fiber

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,241 Posts
That kit is the Carlsson RS package... it's listed in the car description. You probably...

That kit is the Carlsson RS package... it's listed in the car description. You probably will not find any new ones anymore, they've been sold out a while and are discontinued from Carlsson. I don't know if enough interest was generated if Carlsson would do another run.

The kit is missing the rear diffuser; I purchased a used kit and mine is also missing the diffuser, it seems to be the first thing to go.

You can get the full black birdseye maple wood from the dealer. CLK430s were also available with the wood, so it should not be too tough to get, just expensive. In countries outside the USA, there was a plastic trim kit available as well. This might be cheaper or you could find one on eBay. I don't like the look of the "overlay kits", they seem to not look right to me.

Have you considered just refinishing your piece of wood? Depending on which piece it is, it's really wood so should just sand down and varnish up nicely.

-s-

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the info... I knew that was the carlsson but i was not sure where to get ...

Hey thanks for the info... I knew that was the carlsson but i was not sure where to get it... or a remake.

Ill check into getting it refinished... its the drivers door part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts