Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
W210
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I have a 2000 E430, and have 2 questions I am hoping someone can answer for me:

1) Does the GPS have a "yellow pages" feature? We haven't been able to find it (we have the european version) and really miss it (our old Alpine unit in our other car has it).

2) Our gas tank doesn't want to take more than 3/4 tank of gas. Is this common, or a problem? No matter how I try to fill it, the guage won't go above 3/4 tank and the computer won't admit to over 15 gallons. I believe the tank has a larger capacity, but can't seem to use it.

thanks in advance - Ted Rose

·
Registered
r107, r129, w198, w123, w124, w210
116 Posts
The gps (i think you are referring to Comand) has a limited yellow pages feature, if you go to the destinations menu you can locate a limited amount of businesses based on type and proximity, these mostly work well for resteraunts but they do have selections for other venues i.e. theaters. There are no phone numbers etc for the listing just merely a memorized location of the address.

For the gas tank when using the gas nozzle (if using the hands free latch) try keeping it at either the slowest fill position or the middle position not the last position which fills the tank the quickest. Foam builds up in the tank as the fuel from the dispenser goes into your tank and makes the nozzle "think" that the tank is full. Also the filler neck has a p-trap built in so it takes a little longer to fill.

·
Registered
130 Posts
2) Our gas tank doesn't want to take more than 3/4 tank of gas. Is this common, or a problem? No matter how I try to fill it, the guage won't go above 3/4 tank and the computer won't admit to over 15 gallons. I believe the tank has a larger capacity, but can't seem to use it.

thanks in advance - Ted Rose
Ted, This is a common W210 problem and mine did the same thing. The dealer replaced the fuel sending unit (p/n 210-542-41-17). It now registers full and 21 gallons after a fill-up.

·
Registered
W210
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - I'll have them check the sending unit.

On the GPS, it's sad that it doesn't have that feature. Our old Alpine unit in our other car allows you to enter a business name, or type and it finds the closest ones for you automatically. My wife loves to shop for antiques and that she loves the old Alpine, as no matter where we are, it finds the local antique shops for her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts