Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the board guys. I am thinking of purchasing a brand new 2005 c230 so I am happy I found this great board. I fell in love with this sedan this week when I kept seeing them in the streets. Once I did my hw, it looks like a perfect fit for my first REAL car.

First off, I am looking for suggestions on dealerships (good experiences and great prices) in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am willing to drive an hour or so if I can find a GREAT deal.

Second, I am very interested in getting the Navigation option. However, I compared it with my friends BMW 330i and the Acura TL (2 other cars I considered at one time or another) and the MB's screen looks very SMALL. Now I am not a huge fan of a HUGE screen, but I was curious at how many inches the screen is. I believe the BMW and the TL are 7 inches across. The MB looks like a 5 inch screen. Can somebody confirm and even post a pic of it with a reference item (i.e. a car key).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
eddie269 - 3/3/2005 3:59 AM

New to the board guys. I am thinking of purchasing a brand new 2005 c230 so I am happy I found this great board. I fell in love with this sedan this week when I kept seeing them in the streets. Once I did my hw, it looks like a perfect fit for my first REAL car.

First off, I am looking for suggestions on dealerships (good experiences and great prices) in the San Francisco Bay Area. I am willing to drive an hour or so if I can find a GREAT deal.

Second, I am very interested in getting the Navigation option. However, I compared it with my friends BMW 330i and the Acura TL (2 other cars I considered at one time or another) and the MB's screen looks very SMALL. Now I am not a huge fan of a HUGE screen, but I was curious at how many inches the screen is. I believe the BMW and the TL are 7 inches across. The MB looks like a 5 inch screen. Can somebody confirm and even post a pic of it with a reference item (i.e. a car key).

Thanks in advance!
Are you sure that you are comparing screens .... size doesnt matter anyhow.

·
Registered
AMG C32
85 Posts
yes the benz screen is about 5 in
mind you it was designed years ago when bigger wasn;t really common.the mercedes unit really shows it age when compared to soem superior units from acura and infiniti

·
Registered
51 Posts
eddie269 - 3/3/2005 3:59 AM

Thanks in advance!
I have a 2001 C240 with Navigation. I haven't tried anything else, but I like the size of the screen. It was more than big enough. I never had problems seeing it, never felt like it was too small. It was my first Nav system but I use it all the time, even though I'm really good with maps.

You don't say where you are in the Bay area, but I've used Smythe European in San Jose (actually part of Autonation). I had a ton of problems with my 2001 because it was the first year of the redesign and I ordered almost every single option except automatic transmission and sport package. I spent a lot of time at the dealership, but overall I was pretty happy with how they treated me. I've heard that Autobahn Motors up in Belmont is good too.

--Mark

·
Registered
07 GL450 PE, 06 SLK55
341 Posts
If you are considering the 330i, i would drive it along with the c230....you will notice a vast power difference. Those BMW inline sixes are quite relentless

1 - 5 of 5 Posts