Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 350
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember someone had a problem with the side window going back down 2-3 inches on its own when pushing on the one touch switch. It happened with mine, I took it in but it is still doing it, any solutions? Also, there is this annoying clicking noise between me and the trunk area, especially when the top is down, it almost seems that there is something loose in there and makes a noise when the road is bumpy or rough. Any advise would be great!!

·
Registered
SLK 200 Kompressor
14 Posts
Hi!

The problem is the vario roof,the shape is not correct, in your case the top is too low, witch results in sometimes when the window goes up it “thinks� something is between the roof and the glass and comes down as a protection.

Go to MB they have a special tool to correct the shape of the vario roof.

[8)]

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
If you have airscarf it may be the tubing inside the seat. The clips holding this may need replacing, there was a thread about it on this forum some weeks ago.

·
Registered
SLK 350
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rattling noise is not in the seat or right behind it. It is about a foot behind the seat where the plastic top folds and it is noisier when top is down.

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
Just a thought, check that both rubber bumpers on the lower rear edge of the rear window are in place. These bumpers protect the plastic cover in side the trunk from being scratched by the window frame which rests on the cover when the top is down. You can only see these while the top is in the process of being lowered.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
joyfulheart - 4/20/2005 3:20 PM

Just a thought, check that both rubber bumpers on the lower rear edge of the rear window are in place. These bumpers protect the plastic cover in side the trunk from being scratched by the window frame which rests on the cover when the top is down. You can only see these while the top is in the process of being lowered.
Also make sure the plastic cover in the trunk is fastened securely. One side of mine was and the other side wasn't and with the weight of the top the loose side rattled. I think the car wash people did not fasten the cover back securely after they vacuumed the trunk. I check each time now after I have the car washed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts