Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ML320
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left indicator arrow blinker, is very fast both clicking wise and flashing wise. I checked the outside of the vehicle and it seemed to be normal. But the dash arrow goes crazy. Whats up?

Also just in the past day or two, when I turn on the vehicle it almost sounds as if the fan in the front is out of balance or barely hitting something, I don't know if its the fan but thats what it sounds like. After about 10 seconds it goes away. It will only do it for 2 or 3 consecutive startups and then will not again. Any thoughts.

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
TheGodfather said:
Left indicator arrow blinker, is very fast both clicking wise and flashing wise. I checked the outside of the vehicle and it seemed to be normal. But the dash arrow goes crazy. Whats up?
as far as i know this is to do with fuses. check your fuses and you might find one blown.

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
fastest blinker arrow will go away eventually, i had that problem before.The funny thing was it only happen at the same spot when I make my turn, i was thinking there is a boogy man on that area, :)))

my fuses are all good.

·
Registered
2005 ML500SE
235 Posts
TheGodfather said:
I was hoping that would be it, as my neighbor who was driving behind me told me I had a brake light out. This was before the blinker problem.

Any ideas on the fan noise?
More than likely the clicking noise you hear on initial startup is a hydraulic valve lifter. Maybe time for an oil change?? As long as the noise goes away I wouldn't worry about it. My 430 did that off and on, but never became a chronic problem! :cool:

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
If the ticking comes from drivers side, there is an electric valve right by the throttle sensor. Most people mistake it coming from the cylinder head but overlook this part. Detach this part and blast it with carb cleaner. I had to do it 2-3 times to get rid of the ticking fully. If it comes from passenger side, could be the egr valve.

If these valves are not the culprit, as the oil wears out, your engine runs a bit noisier. So you might want to do an oil change.

·
Registered
1998 ML320
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I feel both relieved and stupid. Yesterday I was wondering where some pliers were that I used to adjust my headlights.... well it turns out they were draped over a line in the engine and the handle was hitting the fan....

Well I found my pliers, the sound is gone, and there is no damage to the fan!

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
TheGodfather said:
I feel both relieved and stupid. Yesterday I was wondering where some pliers were that I used to adjust my headlights.... well it turns out they were draped over a line in the engine and the handle was hitting the fan....

Well I found my pliers, the sound is gone, and there is no damage to the fan!
LMAO! That's good to hear. :big laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts