Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched but found no answers so i'll ask...Is there a way of getting the tv to work whilst driving in a 2001 s class? The dealer says he can't do it but just wondering if there is some kind of fix.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer can do it - he showed me ..

Tell him to connect up his star diagnosis machine, enter the correct model, then go down thru the following menus<br>
Control Units<br>
Info & Communication<br>
D2B - COMAND<br>
Control Unit adapatations<br>
Read Coding and Change ..<br>
TV paramaters<br>
<br>
In the TV paramaters menu change the 4 configurables to 'TV permitted'

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: The dealer can do it - he showed me ..

Do you think this will work on the new G500? Once they change the configuration, what else do you need to buy and where can you get it?<br> <br> Thanks,<br> <br> Jeff

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy asking was in Australia. US COMAND doesnt have TV support in the software. [more]

In the rest of the world, you need<br> - a wiring loom<br> - the tv tuner [supports pal/secam]<br> - 3 new aerial amps for around the rear windscreen<br> <br> R

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: The guy asking was in Australia. US COMAND doesnt have TV support in the software. [more]

How much do you think it would cost do get this done, and how good is the picture while moving?<br> <br> Jeff

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeff, there isnt a NTSC (US standard) tuner available, The picture is OK, not great [more]

In Europe, theres about $1500 of parts, and a lot of labour. I did it myself, see www.ibex.co.uk/mbstuff<br> [Im in UK]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
try a noise compressor you can buy it at any car audio store.

its called ehgine noise. it sometimes happens when someone uses inexpensive products to cut corners or that they ran the hot & ground wires down the same side. or just a cheap amp. but a noise compressor usually does the trick.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: The guy asking was in Australia. US COMAND doesnt have TV support in the software. [more]

So from what I gather, its not a matter of the dealer lying when they say they can't program the tv to work when driving. You actually need some more hardware for the car?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: S Class TV Tuner manual

I have a new S 320 with Command TV Support (Pal % Secam). How do I connect a DVD to it? Where do I get a manual for it? It is a right-hand drive imported into the United States.<br> <br> Where do I buy/order floor mats for this RHD car?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: S Class Bose System (Amplifier)

My S 320 came with standard amplifier. Is it possible to replace it with a bose sound system similar to those fitted at the factory. I am in Potomac, MD 20854. USA. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yes, theres a seperate TV tuner .. and of course different software in the COMAND unit itself

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I would like to know if you get any joy with this...<br> I have an E220CDI with Comand and I had it pre-wired for TV as the tuner wasn't available at time of manufacture. I've had the car for nearly a year now and have recently been told that a tunner for the UK is now NOT going to be available....<br> <br> Can anyone tell me if this is true?<br> I have no faith in my dealer, but that's a hole other story.....<br> Kev.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts