Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the protection which prevent us to watch TV while driving ? My MB dealer has refused to do it for me, but he has told me that it's technically possible.<br>
<br>
I've already tried to get into the service mode by pressing 'mute' + '1' + '3' but there is nothing in the menus allowing such modification.<p>AMontsouris-102-1-4-64.abo.wanadoo.fr

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm surprised it's available in u-rup...

THANK GOD this option is not available in the US!!! US roads are already too dangerous with all those people eating, drinking, shaving, putting make up, reading newspapers at the wheel... I'm surprised they made it available in u-rup...<p>proxy.dotcenter.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I'm surprised it's available in u-rup...

Any dealer can do this with Star Diagnose. Find one who is willing ...<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Acutally i found a company in NYC that does it to vehicals with NAVI systems. Im getting mine done next week. He is putting the tv tuner, dvd player, and PS2. plus he is putting in my 5' cld monitors which i want in the head rests. its hard finding monitors to fit in the C Class headrests.<p>ool-18be1459.dyn.optonline.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Did I read correctly, that you get a TV tuner, DVD player and PS2 added to a COMAND system in a W203?<br> <br> If this really works, please inform immediately how this was done!!!<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

SPEED RACER: I live near nyc and want the same work done to my C class.<br> Who is doing the work and how much did he quote you?<br> <p>C8Z6P6

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Me Too! If that can really be done, I'll eat my hat! I'm wondering.... Is that unused button on the left side of the 5' LCD screen for the TV function?<p>ca-vannuys1a-148.stmnca.adelphia.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

If you have the TV module built in, the default value is that TV is switched off as soon as you drive. This 'security feature' can be switched off with Star Diagnose ... <br> <br> ... therefore you only have to find a well equipped MB service point who is willing to do it.<p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts