Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if this exists? I heard that you can install a tv/dvd tuner into the factory nav unit. If so, where can I get more info?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: If you have the tuner

Does this mean I can just buy a tuner and it'll hook right up? Have you done this before? Have you heard of anyone doing this?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Horst? You there....

I want to get those cables you talked about. Also, do know of a tuner that works with this set up?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now I am!

Being in the US, we did not have a chance to work on a system with TV tuner and video.<br> If you have a command system with TV button and tuner you should be able to connect video with our cable. The Cable has video and left and right sound channel inputs and comes with a simple schematic for the pin-outs. We supplied a few cables and never received negative feed back. <br> I do not know the MB part number of the TV tuner nor do I know if it would work on a US units, which generally lack the TV button.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Now I am!

That was my next question... How would you choose to run the TV without some sort of auxilary channel or button? This guy told me there are only two people with this modified system in the US, Shaquille O'neal (NBA player) and him. I thought he was full of sh** but I guess he's right. Is there anyway to modify or disabling one of the existing input channels? Say the AM selection?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Re: If you have the tuner

Let me start over... Can you run a TV tuner and/or DVP/DVD to the existing headunit (NAV/LCD)??? If so, where can I get the tuner? Will an Alpine or Kenwood TV tuner work?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: Yes, you can order the video cable from us.

I am interested and would like to order the video cable. So, what is the price and how can I get it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, i am interested on the cable, so, how can I get it and what is the price of it.

I am interested and would like to order the video cable. So, what is the price and how can I get it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Re: I Ordered a TV Tuner from Mercedes and will be here in 1 Week.. $ 1500.00.

Do you have the part number and what else do you need to intstall it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts