Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. Please allow me to vent. I have a 2 month old 2002 c320 with 1600 miles. I started to notice a loud ticking noise coming out of the top center vent of the car when the key is inserted into the ignition about a month after I got the car. The noise lasted anywhere from 5 seconds to a couple of minutes. A couple of weeks ago, I decided that I could not stand the noise anymore and looked around for a dealership to bring my car to. I solely based my choice on whether or not the dealership provided a MB loaner. I must say, not too many dealerships offer MB loaners. Finally, I decided on House of Imports in Buena Park which is about an hour away from my home. They found the problem right away and it took them a day to fix it. I was told that my car would have been done the morning after I dropped off the car but I had to wait an additional 7 hours for it when I got there. Well, after that long wait, I was just glad that the problem was fixed but when I got home, I noticed a bunch of scratches and abrasions in the interior of the car mostly under and around the dash. I was told that they had to take apart the entire dash. It looked like they had probably dropped the parts or dragged it on cement. There were also a couple of tool marks on the edges and one of the moldings around the shifter did not line up right. After I discovered the damages, I immediately called back my service advisor and he said that he would take care of it. I was later reassured by him when I took my car in. He said that it was going to take a couple of days to order the parts. Well, I called him back this week and left him a couple of messages. He has yet to return my call. I'm starting to get really nervous that he might not do anything. The parts department did not have any record of any order that was placed for my car. Is there anything I could do? If I call up Mercedes, will they be able to help me resolve this matter? <br>
<br>
For those of you who actually read through this long message, thanks for letting me vent. Hopefully, the service rep. has a very good explanation for me and everything will be resolve by him.<br>
<br>
John W.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I feel your pain

If it's that important to you, you really need to go to the dealer and talk to the SA face to face. Show him exactly what damage was done to your car. Also get the service manager's name, it may help to just deal with the top guy. It really is an incredible disappointment to buy an MB and get Hyundai service, but there are good service departments out there. Good luck!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...Thanks BillD

I took the car back to the dealership as soon as I could and my service rep. told me that he would take care of it. He said that he would order the parts and it might take a couple of days. But now, I can't get a hold of him. I plan to take a trip down there again this week. Hopefully, there has just been a big misunderstanding.<br> <br> John

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
House of Imports is the worst MB dealer in OC

They tried to rip me off for $3,000 when I brought my car in for an oil change. I took it to another dealer and they said nothing was wrong with my car. To compare them to a Hundai dealer is a huge insult to Hundai. Try Fletcher Jones or MB of Laguna Niguel. Both provide loaners and have good service. There is also Calibre in Anaheim but I don't know much about them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts