Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300D
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! i'm the proud new owner of an 85 300D. everything works on the car but the turn signals. the hazards work fine. can anyone give me an idea of what might be wrong? (bad relay/flasher) also where is the flasher located? any help is much appreciated! thanks[:)]

·
Registered
450, 350 & 280 SLC (W107), 280TE (W123), C36 AMG (W202), Brabus B6S (W210)
107 Posts
Check fuses. But if nothing helps, check alarm light switch -- problem may be there!

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
1,606 Posts
flasher's underneath the center console.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo
457 Posts
The Blinkers run through the hazard switch, somebody else in this forum had the same problem and he just wiggled the wires and cleaned the contacts and they worked! Also check to make sure you have good bulbs.

·
Registered
'72 220d, 250td, e320cdi
249 Posts
mine stopped working and i just cleaned the fuse and it was ok

·
Registered
1982 240D Manual transmission.
5 Posts
First symptom: Left turn signal starts flashing fast
Action: checked all 4 directional signal bulbs, all were lighting in 4 way and left and right turn albeit left was dimmer.
Further developments: left turn signal stopped flashing and flasher started buzzing, right signal still good.
Troubleshooting: discovered if I held the signal switch down part way for left turn, left turn signal would light and flash normally. Right signal still functions normally.
Further development: left turn signal either buzzes or does not work at all
Troubleshooting: applied considerable force on signal lever toward the front of the car (high beam direction) and moved switch between left and right positions. Left signal worked in a couple of positions in the left segment. Right signal works.
Action: ordered column switch
Further developments: Right turn signal began degrading in the same manner as the left signal.
Troubleshooting: tried the same techniques as on the left side, same result.
Action: hope the switch gets here soon
Troubleshooting: shorted between pins 49 and 30 on the emergency flasher. Both directions displayed the same issues, buzzed or do not flash.
Action, Jumped for Joy when the Amazon truck pulled in and dropped a switch off.
Further action: Ordered a flasher relay
Plans for the weekend: replace the column switch.
Sound like I am on the right track?

·
Registered
1982 240D Manual transmission.
5 Posts
one hour and 5 minutes and al is working well. old switch might have been able to be repaired but the contacts were very worn inside.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,272 Posts
The Blinkers run through the hazard switch, somebody else in this forum had the same problem and he just wiggled the wires and cleaned the contacts and they worked! Also check to make sure you have good bulbs.
In my case I believe my Wife thumping here purse down on top of the Hazard switch took out that switch. A new hazard switch restored the Turn Signals.
In other forums they say there is a capacitor inside of the Flasher Unit over time that goes band and if someone has electrical skill the capacitor can be replaced. I have not done that so cannot camment further on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts