Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals on the 82 300CD don't quit working. The 4 way flasher still operates fine. The fuse looks good and I replaced the flasher under the console, in front of shifter handle. Any ideas ?

·
BenzWorld W126 & W201 Host
1988 420SE, 2002 C180 Kompressor, 200 ML320
1,159 Posts
Turn signals

If i am reading your post right, i think you are saying that when you want to turn, you move the lever up or down and the indicators(flashers) don't work.
I never realised how different U.K. English and U.S. English were until i joined this forum.
If you have replaced the Hazard Warning light switch(four way flasher switch) in the centre consol which is red with a white triangle on and they still don,t work, it is probably the main indicator and wiper switch (the lever).
To replace it you need to remove the steering wheel. [8D]

·
Always Remembered RIP
520 Posts
As you say both the horn and indicators aren't working it should be the earth on the ste...

As you say both the horn and indicators aren't working it should be the earth on the steering coloum. If you look on the wiring diagram I think you may find the indicator switch is earthed of the horn earthing ring. Does the main beam/flasher still work?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turn signal

The ground could be the problem. How do you remonve the horn cover and where would I find the ground wire?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.