Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be old news to the more experienced Benz fans out there, but I thought I'd add this post to help newbies like me if they're having turn signal troubles...

Here's what happened:
My turn signals stopped working abruptly one night, but the emergency flashers still worked. When I switched on the turn signal, the flasher relay would start making an electrical buzzing noise from under the center console. It was broken for a week, and I was just about to order a replacement relay online until...

Here's what fixed it:
I turned on the emergency flashers, and then switched the turn signals on while the emergency lights were still flashing. Turned the emergency lights off, and miraculously, the turn signals worked fine again. No more buzzing from the relay.

Hope someone searches for this one day and saves themselves 42 bucks on a relay!

·
Registered
1984 300D Turbo
1,606 Posts
few years back noticed turn signals not working - turned on emergency flashers, they worked. turned them off- turn signals now working..
hmm...

·
Registered
78' W123, 00' W163, 05' W211, 89' RRC
152 Posts
yeah, that happened yesterday to me, and my side markers did not comeback after the flash test. it was a fuse. Usually on these cars, something simple always affects other electrical problems. thats why I have a base 240d, its like no electricity almost. hassle free

1 - 4 of 4 Posts