Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn on the headlights at night the dashboard lights, mileage and trip counter and trip computer lights goes out. The radio monitor goes deem. If I turn on the headlights at daytime, this will not happen. Does anybody out there have similar problems as I do?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
21,789 Posts
You know, I was going to come up with some witty, sarcastic comment, but I’m just in too good of a mood – it’s Friday and I’m on vacation next week (going to Orlando to see The Mouse). So, Dominic, it’s your lucky day! I’ll bet your dash light dimmer has been turned down. Turn your headlights on, the try twisting the odometer reset stalk clockwise and see if that doesn’t fix it. [:)]

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
rudeney - 4/7/2006 10:59 AM
You know, I was going to come up with some witty, sarcastic comment, but I’m just in too good of a mood – it’s Friday and I’m on vacation next week (going to Orlando to see The Mouse). So, Dominic, it’s your lucky day! I’ll bet your dash light dimmer has been turned down. Turn your headlights on, the try twisting the odometer reset stalk clockwise and see if that doesn’t fix it. [:)]
Man I was expecting a RTFM comment!!

Florda huh? Going to catch some sun too?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
21,789 Posts
ttaleric - 4/7/2006 10:03 AM

Man I was expecting a RTFM comment!!

Florda huh? Going to catch some sun too?
Nah, we’ll go to the condo in Sandestin for that (or just float on a raft in our backyard swimming pool). My wife has to be in Orlando Mon-Wed for business and she hates to travel alone, so I’m going with her. I have some friends down there I haven’t seen in a while, plus we’re big Disney nuts, so any excuse we get, we’ll make a visit. We’re staying the rest of the week at The Swan. We’re actually driving (taking the ML) because we have to make a detour to Atlanta on Sunday to return the granddaughter to the daugther’s house on our way out (her Spring Break was this week and she spent it with us).

·
C9H9N Offensive Odor Exuder
2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC RIP, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
11,383 Posts
If it's not your dimmer, then it could be your altenator![:0]

·
Registered
2002 (MY2003) ML350
79 Posts
dominic888 - 4/7/2006 9:03 AM

When I turn on the headlights at night the dashboard lights, mileage and trip counter and trip computer lights goes out. The radio monitor goes deem. If I turn on the headlights at daytime, this will not happen. Does anybody out there have similar problems as I do?
May be it's because you have a light sensor?
I have a European ML350 and computer can be configured to deem on light sensor.

·
Registered
2002 ML 320
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It turn out to be the dimmer, somebody must have played around with it. What puzzles me is why the dashboard light would go out only at night when I turn on the headlight. But when I turn on the headlight in daytime, the mileage meter, clock lights stays on.[?]

·
Registered
ML 320
3 Posts
Turn on headlights and dashboard lights go off

I have an ML320 2002. It has started to do this. When I turn on the headlights the dashboard lights including the odometer go off. Anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it. Your response is much appreciated.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2006 ML500 2002 ML320
17,591 Posts
I have an ML320 2002. It has started to do this. When I turn on the headlights the dashboard lights including the odometer go off. Anyone knows why this happens and how to fix it. Your response is much appreciated.
You or someone inadvertently turned the dial on the instrument cluster. Just readjust it to full intensity.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts