Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
UPDATE
Price list was about 3 months old.
Actual prices may be different due to daily USD-TL rates.

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
4,123 Posts
As of nowish 300.000tl = ~$36,300USD so these trucks don't seem at first blush to either dirt cheap nor needlessly expensive. But that's all hung on how they have been maintained, prior abuse etc.

·
Registered
U1300L, U1100
115 Posts
Of course if you bought one, that is just the beginning. Then you have to transport it in Turkey, export it from Turkey and import it into the USA. If anyone thinks US customs and it's arcane rules aren't enough of a PIA, you'll really have fun in Turkey. I wouldn't be surprised if it is illeagl to export unless you have lots of complicated (expensive) permits. I don't know much about the particulars of that lot of vehicles but generally those auctions are rigged and the sellers are a bit cagey. That fact that it is difficult to even see what is actually for sale should say something as well as the linear pricing. Again I don't have any experience with that company personally so I am not commenting on them, just the general scene. I think if you are Turkish and/or speak Turkish, have friends in Turkey who can help smooth out customs and other bureaucratic issues, then you might find a reasonable deal however it is unlikely. The real bargains only happen to people with connections.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts