Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320,2006 E350
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wassup everyone...i was wondering if i can purchase a turbo kit for my '99 ml320 i need to make this piece of shit fast...just let me know about any info on turbo kits even if it has to be custom made...thank you

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
I think the word you were looking for is "supercharge" and of course "Kleeman" based in colorado.

Solid, reliable, well known but I won't say cheap.

I think it's "Lochs" who did it to his car.

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
Here, try this

http://www.kleemannusa.com/

and see the example here

http://forums.mbnz.org/gallery/showlink.asp?page=6&order=id&CatID=4294&parentid=50&parentname=&subname=LOCHS_2

·
Registered
1999 ML320,2006 E350
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i never said my car was a piece of shit...i love it but the acceleration is crap but anyways i got another question....every morning when i turn my car on when it's cold i hear a whistling sound that goes on sometimes even when the car's been warmed up idk what it is....does anyone know? it usually happens when it's cold i live in nyc so it gets pretty cold

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
could be lots of things. Depends on where it's coming from. Could be e-box fan in the fuse box or a tight belt or low transmission fluid or a drive wheel connected to the belt about to fail just to name a few.

By the way my car is certainly fast enough to beat most cabs in NYC. Perhaps you need to reset the computer by pulling the battery so it will learn your driving style. Have you discovered the button at the bottom of your accelerator pedal, when pushed says drop to the lowest gear and kill gas mileage NOW.

·
Registered
2008 C300
254 Posts
ravioliiiii - 3/24/2005 6:04 PM

wassup everyone...i was wondering if i can purchase a turbo kit for my '99 ml320 i need to make this piece of shit fast...just let me know about any info on turbo kits even if it has to be custom made...thank you
Just going off of your message, bud. [:p]

·
Registered
1999 ML320,2006 E350
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigcatny - 3/25/2005 12:50 PM

could be lots of things. Depends on where it's coming from. Could be e-box fan in the fuse box or a tight belt or low transmission fluid or a drive wheel connected to the belt about to fail just to name a few.

By the way my car is certainly fast enough to beat most cabs in NYC. Perhaps you need to reset the computer by pulling the battery so it will learn your driving style. Have you discovered the button at the bottom of your accelerator pedal, when pushed says drop to the lowest gear and kill gas mileage NOW.
Can you explain the second paragraph...it's a little unclear...you're sayin there's a button under my accelerator? HOw do i reset the computer....im confused please help

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
As you know, the transmission is adaptive and "learns" as you drive. Perhaps your transmission is just not well setup for your driving style (ie:won't downshift quickly cause it thinks you like to drive more slowly). I believe you can reset the setting of the transmission by simply pulling the battery cable for a few minutes. Of course, you will also need to unlock your radio again so make sure you have the code handy. This might help how "snappy" your transmission feels.

Regarding the acceleration button. When you want as much acceleration as possible press your gas pedal all the way down then press it a little more. You'll feel a click or resistance from the pedal when it presses the button behind/below the gas pedal. That button tells the computer you want as much as it has and it'll drop the transmission to the lowest gear and hold the RPM's longer. A safe way to test this is when your on a good stretch of highway or when you need to pass. You'll feel how quickly it responds. The manual calls this "kickdown mode" where you depress "the accelerator beyond full throttle" When you reach the speed you want, ease up and the transmission will upshift.

If all this does not help then you might considering adjusting your expectations or maybe changing vehicles.

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2000 C280
920 Posts
It would be a lot simpler if you just sell your ML320 and buy a used ML430. Keep in mind that the ML is never going to be as quick and nimble as a fast car.

DelJ

ravioliiiii - 3/24/2005 3:04 PM

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
DelJ - 3/27/2005 11:09 AM

It would be a lot simpler if you just sell your ML320 and buy a used ML430. Keep in mind that the ML is never going to be as quick and nimble as a fast car.

DelJ
My opinion exactly. If I want to go fast I drive a car not a truck. A medium quality car is still faster than a go fast high centered 4000 pound truck. Especially if you feel the need to turn corners.

·
Registered
ML500
76 Posts
bigcatny - 3/25/2005 12:50 PM

I can't believe you're comparing our cars to nyc cabs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts