Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
U-406/416
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still debading turboing my 406, I'm looking at 3 diffrent factory Om 352A setups. I would like a few measurements befor I take this any further.

From block or cylinder head to turbo furthest edge not including down pipe from turbine.

Boost tube diameter in inch's. I'm gessing most are 3''?

Maybe other measurements if important to aplication.

·
Registered
1982 416 Doka
335 Posts
Setup #3 I got a 2'' body lift but that might not be enough to fit this tall system found on snow blower power units.
The top engine in post #4 is the one i bought and put in my 416 doka. I did use a banks Turbo and used a 2 3/4 body lift and it was not enough, so i milled the intake manifold to tilt the turbo towards the passenger side and had to relocate the wiper motor.
The guy i bought the motor from said he originally had 2 of them and one he put into his 406 with a 2" lift and it all worked for him..not sure how it all fit for him, mine did not with a taller lift. maybe the factory KKK turbo was that much smaller to have room...??
I am not near truck now though, so cant help with measurements..i could get pics from a friend who is near...
Franco in costa rica...

·
Registered
Sold .....1987 U1250 Unimog
1,005 Posts
I can get a measurement on a OM352a with a KKK turbo tomorrow. I assume if I put the tape in and measure from the block over to the outside edge that would work. Im assuming the block and top of the intake valve cover is in the same plane.

·
Registered
'76 1300L,HE351CW,H15P Winches,Konis,Hydraulics,All Gears,10mm Plungers,Aftercooler,Lots of Littles
2,674 Posts
KKKs are little turbos.

C.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts