Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300D - 1997 E320 - 2004 E55 - 2007 ML320
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few OM617 questions and was wondering if there are any mb techs or indie shop guys on here that have tweaked with a OM617, mainly with the exhuast.

Long story short, I've recently transplanted an OM617 into a Jeep Wrangler. I'm trying to design an exhaust thats good for off roading and performance. Wondering what the recommended back pressure is if any. What type of muffler to use, again if any. Seeing as most of the piping is going to be custom made I'd hate to experiment with different set ups and would rather just do the math and design work to come up with an ideal set up.

Doug

·
Registered
´85 300D Estate, Unimog 411
115 Posts
I have a few OM617 questions and was wondering if there are any mb techs or indie shop guys on here that have tweaked with a OM617, mainly with the exhuast.

Long story short, I've recently transplanted an OM617 into a Jeep Wrangler. I'm trying to design an exhaust thats good for off roading and performance. Wondering what the recommended back pressure is if any. What type of muffler to use, again if any. Seeing as most of the piping is going to be custom made I'd hate to experiment with different set ups and would rather just do the math and design work to come up with an ideal set up.

Doug
I don´t think you need back pressure at all on a turbo diesel, in any case my OM617 and OM602 both have a 2" pipe with resonator and muffler, and they both work OK.

·
Registered
'83 300D
638 Posts
A good discussion on this over here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts