Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

After receiving my second SLK 200, I am not too happy with its engine performance. Has any1 tuned their SLK engine? What KW and Nm upgrades did you get? Where did you get the upgrades, and is your car still under warranty?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Pulley upgrade is your best bet. ECU and intercoolers don't really seem to do much for MB's. you'll get roughly 30hp from the pulley.

Expect your warranty to expire if you do it from anyone else except Brabus (or some other tuners). Brabus is expensive however...

·
Registered
SLK 200
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We dont have a brabus here in SA (at least not that I know of). Spoke to the local AMG people here about pulley upgrades (on the Kompressor I assume?), and he says that AMG does not supply this as it applies undue pressure on the bearings (which ones?) and will probably get your engine undone in around 35 000 kms.

true?

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
AMG doesn't do 'pulley' for the new SLK. The 200 used the standard Mercedes engine and pulley, and the 350 and 55 are naturally aspirated engines (of which the 55 is an AMG).

You can contact and order stuff directly from Brabus if you want (check out their web page).

The old SLK had a pulley on the AMG. You need to understand that the pulley runs the supercharger (kompressor) which in turn drives extra air into the engine prior to combustion. No supercharger, no pulley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts