Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Mercedes E320 (W124, M104)
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Planning to do a tune up, and was not sure what parts do i need, since it looks like my car does not have a rotor and distributor cap. I have changes spark plugs around 10K miles ago, so will check these as well.
I figured I need these :
1. Part Number Image --One set
2. Part Number Image -- 3 of these

I looked at coils, but they are expensive, not sure if I need to change them as well.
Is that it ? or something I' am missing ?
Thanks for input.

Vlad,

·
Registered
1995 E320 1974 280C
158 Posts
Vlad -
If the Engine wiring harness is original and the car is not having drivability problems and if you just changed the plugs 10K, I would not even touch the plugs or coils.
Not sure of the miles on your car, but I would focus on "tuning up" other parts of the car.
Engine Oil/Filter change
Trans Fluid.Filter change
Power steering fluid/Filter change
Serpentine Belt check/change
Brake Fluid change/Flush

All can easily be done in your garage/Driveway

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thanks for reply,
Wiring Harness has been changed by previous owner
All of the items you listed ( except brake fluid change ) has been done within last 20K miles. Now it has 190K

Now, as winter is approaching, I started having strange starts: it will start up and the RMP will go up and down couple of times once in a while. I think it should be Up and then gradually down while the car heats up.
I thought that old ignition might be the cause ?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Doesn't sound like ignition. Do a search, build the code reader and read the codes on the 16 pin connector near the battery.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
It reads O2 sensor and upshift delay in transmission, but these were there for a while now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts