Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Jetta TDI 265k, 1999 E300D 254K, 2008 ML320 CDI 95K
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I have a 2008 ML300CDi with a SRS light. I have read everything on this subject on the forum. I would prefer not going to the dealer, because from what I have read they are throwing parts at the problem hoping to get lucky at the owners expense. There are service bulletins, TSB Number: T-91-60-93A issued January 17, 2006 and T-91-60-93C issued May 24, 2006 addressing Air Bag System – SRS Lamp ON. Would some kind sole with alldata access please download these TSBs and forward them to me or post them so I can read what they have to say. I realize I will probability end up pay the dealer big bucks, but it would be nice to not be ignorant of the system when I go.
Sincerely, [email protected]

·
Registered
2008 ML 320CDI
167 Posts
Greetings,
I have a 2008 ML300CDi with a SRS light. I have read everything on this subject on the forum. I would prefer not going to the dealer, because from what I have read they are throwing parts at the problem hoping to get lucky at the owners expense. There are service bulletins, TSB Number: T-91-60-93A issued January 17, 2006 and T-91-60-93C issued May 24, 2006 addressing Air Bag System – SRS Lamp ON. Would some kind sole with alldata access please download these TSBs and forward them to me or post them so I can read what they have to say. I realize I will probability end up pay the dealer big bucks, but it would be nice to not be ignorant of the system when I go.
Sincerely, [email protected]
Go here: http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/doclist.jsp
http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/doclist.jsp

·
Registered
2008 ML350 4matic and 2015 GLK350 4matic
30 Posts
Without realizing what I'd be unleashing, I unplugged one of the yellow plugs from the front of the driver's seat. It turns out that this will (probably) trigger the SRS lamp. I thought the issue was that simple, and given the dealer cost to reset (with all the overhead they must do), I decided to go with the Autoenginuity package and try it myself.

The reset was trivial and I love that the scanner tells me EVERYTHING about every module/system in my car.

Such a system may be an good alternative - or at least precursor - to going to the dealer. It will tell you what is wrong. It may allow you to reset the SRS lamp.

The Autoenginuity system is terrific for me as I maintain two Mercedes and two of another brand. SDS can't do that. On the other hand, I can't program the MBs with the Autoenginuity system as I bought it. I believe that the option is available for Autoenginuity.

·
Registered
His 2013 RAM Cummins Turbo Diesel Laramie; Hers 2007 ML320 CDI P3; Kids 2010 "4Matic" Impreza
334 Posts
Without realizing what I'd be unleashing, I unplugged one of the yellow plugs from the front of the driver's seat. It turns out that this will (probably) trigger the SRS lamp...
That WILL trigger a light and you will have to reset either as you did or via dealer. (As in my case.)
I had unplugged mine to re route the harness in a better way to avoid chafing, and when I put the key back in and started up, the light was staring at me.

·
Registered
2019 X350d, 2017 GLE500e, 2012 ML350BT (sold), 2013 A200 Exclusive(sold), 2009 ML350CDI(sold)
250 Posts
In a past life, I learned the hard way that before unplugging anything to do with airbags, you must disconnect the battery or remove ALL relevant fuses, then wait five minutes before unplugging.

Failure to do this will result in a trip to the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts