Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to figure out how the reservoirs work. Let's say you suck 50% old fluid out of each reservoir (brake, power steering, coolant reservoir) and then add 50% new fluid to the reservoirs. Will these new fluids just sit there or will they start to circulated with the old fluids?
Sorry for this simple question but I dont know how these systems work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I try to figure out how the reservoirs work. Let's say you suck 50% old fluid out of each reservoir (brake, power steering, coolant reservoir) and then add 50% new fluid to the reservoirs. Will these new fluids just sit there or will they start to circulated with the old fluids?
Sorry for this simple question but I dont know how these systems work.
The power steering system and the cooling system are both circulating systems.. Brake system is not.. Therefore it will take much longer for the brake fluid to mix..
Unfortunately water has a stupid habit of always end up at the bottom.
To think you do a good thing changing half of that brake fluid is just a way of fooling your self..
As of the other fluids??
Who knows? But it's a shortcut that doesn't pay off.. Buy some flowers to the lady back home instead.. :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! I guess I have to bleed the brake fluid. I just trying to save some money lately, the last 6 month just killed us with car cost. I have no garage and most of the stuff is almost impossible to do in the drive way here in SC and I am not the best mechanic. On top my wifes trany blew up, both cars needed new tires and on and on... I guess I just wait until I have the money for the brake bleeding job and keep on sucking (HA HA) on the other stuff...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts