Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own a 2008 535i in perfect condition with leather,sports pkg,auto,and ipod intergration and I'am looking to hopepfully do an even trade with a dealer for a 07 mercedes packaged similer. My car has 15,000 miles on it which is alot for an 08 but its a popular car right now that a dealer would have no problem unloading. My Question is would it be feasible to think I would be able to trade my car evenly for a 07 merc E-350 without having to pay anything? Do dealers even do trades like this? I know I would get more money for it if i sold it privatly but then I wouldnt see the benefit of the tax deduction from the mercedes since i would be buying it outright. Does anyone have any insight or advice on my situation????

Thanks alot for your help. :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not likely. I had a similar situation where I had '03 530i CPO and I wished to trade it for a '03 E320 CPO. Actually, the BMW was better equipped with options than the E320. They MB dealer simply considered the BMW as a regular trade. They had their "appraisers" evaluate the car and came back with an offer that was simply absurd and insulting and not even close to any Kelley Blue
Book value (they assert that they do not use KBB values). Keep in mind that in any transaction, the MB dealers have one objective: maximize their profit and do the customers no favors.

Good luck.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I doubt you'll pull that off, but you can estimate the pain by looking up bluebook wholesale for your car - that's what you'll get, more or less - and retail for the year-older Benz. See how the two numbers compare.

As far as I can see, the one thing you have going for you is that you're trading back a year.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a 2006 BMW 330i that I took to CarMax last year and they offered me the Kelly Blue book price. They also offer if you buy a car on their lot they will waive the taxes. It happened that they had my current car 2003 E500 on the lot. I drove over to the BMW lot to test drive the 5 series (because I wanted a larger car) with my wife. Needless to say when she got into the new BMW and compared it to the MB E500 she said there is no comparison, the MB won. I bought it and it was a straight trade no cash no my side. I did purchase the extended warranty.
FYI, I do not work at CarMax.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Pretty funny situation as my lease is up soon on my 2004 545, I recently purchased an '06 E500 4 matic from a guy who wanted to trade his E500 for a BMW 550. The BMW dealer offered him $35,000.00 for his '06 E500 with 17K miles on it. He landed up selling me the E500 for the same 35K which was an excellent price given that I am in Canada and the same car is selling here for CAD $ 69,000.00.

Only reason I picked up the E500 was to tide me over until 2010 when the new BMW 5 series is due to come out.

While I like the E500, if I were you I would hang onto the 535, 15,000 miles is nothing for a BMW. Don't forget to factor in the cost of ownership for '07 E350, I am not sure if things like oil changes and brakes are covered in the USA under MB new car warranty, they are with your BMW.

I am curious as to what you do not like about the 535 that is causing such a radical switch?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I work at Carlton Mercedes-Benz in greenville, south carolina. I am currently trying to get a fiugre on your car. Could you please call me and give me an accurate description of what kind of options you have on the vehicle. Naviagation? Color? Vin #?
My name is Ryan
1-800-801-3131
864-213-8000
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts