Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took mine apart and found a copper looking strip connector fuse looking thing that was burned up. each one supposedly is connected to a pin that is then connected to the connector which connects to the actual plugs. i was wondering if i could solder a copper piece onto it to make the connection complete. i really don't want to drop 140 bucks on a new relay. it is model number 007 545 1632. i found an off brand called hueco and part number 0125459032. they say it is a match and the picture looks the same as mine. any help would be appreciated. thanks
seth

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuse

i don't know if you could call it a fuse. it might be i don't know...i think it would be kinda hard to find this exact piece of copper. even if i did i don't think there is a way for me to install it without popping rivets inside the relay components. what do you have used ones of? relays or fuses? thanks
seth

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
Relays...;-P Used fuses hit the trash pretty quick!

Jonathan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
used relay

what model relays do you have i need the one for 91 350sdl i think it is 0075451632. thanks dude

by the way i made a solder bridge from one of the copper bridge connecter fuse things inside the relay but all that accomplished was that when i turned the key to preglow position it would just light up for a split second. im not sure why that didn't work. it is essentially making a continuous circuit from the one that is blown to the others beside it.; i dunno..
seth

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
I'll dig through my stock and let you know:)

Jonathan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts