Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm looking for the EGR valve for my dad's 1999 E300 Turbodiesel with an OM 606.962 engine. He's been having problems getting the code to clear in order to register the car in the state of California per smog regulations. The car was bought used from another owner. I would appreciate help in tracking down that specific part.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
7,930 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm looking for the EGR valve for my dad's 1999 E300 Turbodiesel with an OM 606.962 engine. He's been having problems getting the code to clear in order to register the car in the state of California per smog regulations. The car was bought used from another owner. I would appreciate help in tracking down that specific part.
#140 in this diagram.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,831 Posts
I know CA changed the smog laws this year, so it must be new thing. In the past diesels had "VISUAL ONLY" inspection and they never plug scanner.
When fixing EGR is going to be good thing, it might be worth calling couple of smog technicians and ask them what are the laws.
New laws allow passing the smog with 1 or 2 items "not ready" so that might help with legal part here.
Also EGR usually get stuck with carbon build up and most of the time all it takes is cleaning.

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
4,059 Posts
1998 to 2006 diesels in CA must have all monitors complete, no exception.

They plug in OBD, but no dyno test.

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
6,903 Posts
What code(s) does the car have ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts