Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all.

I've been trying to find somewhere in the UK that can supply the AMG bodykit - or other bodykits for the 208.

I've been having no joy whatsoever!! :mad: The only kits I can find are by Rieger.. and they're not too great.

I thought I'd post this quick thread in the hope that someone based in the UK may be able to help me out.

Thanks for reading.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,465 Posts
Hi all.

I've been trying to find somewhere in the UK that can supply the AMG bodykit - or other bodykits for the 208.

I've been having no joy whatsoever!! :mad: The only kits I can find are by Rieger.. and they're not too great.

I thought I'd post this quick thread in the hope that someone based in the UK may be able to help me out.

Thanks for reading.

WOAH there, so you going for some rude-ness now are we? cant wait to see? I had been contimplating a front lip to my car, but otherwise i'm quite happy with the standard look (for now)

On a Camber note...:
Are you not going to get your cambers checked then and how did they hold out down to Le Mans?
I took my car to the garage that lowered mine, and they said the rears seemed fine, and it is possibly due to the 15mm rear spacers that excentuates the rear camber

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WOAH there, so you going for some rude-ness now are we? cant wait to see? I had been contimplating a front lip to my car, but otherwise i'm quite happy with the standard look (for now)

On a Camber note...:
Are you not going to get your cambers checked then and how did they hold out down to Le Mans?
I took my car to the garage that lowered mine, and they said the rears seemed fine, and it is possibly due to the 15mm rear spacers that excentuates the rear camber
Yeah... I've been wanting a body kit more and more these days.... I'm thinking that I could get away with just adding the AMG side-skirts (it's the sides really that I want to fill out).

I don't mind the look of our front end and I can always change it later on. I think a complete AMG kit will be quite expensive (buying it new seems the only option at the mo!) so I'm thinking of just getting the sides.

I still need to work out if it'll look ok but I'm certainly looking for some side-skirts.

I've decided to leave my rear camber as it is. It doesn't seem to be wearing that quickly. Le Mans is in 4 weeks so I will let you know if I need new tyres when I get back!!

P.S - I have a little project planned this weekend... I will reveal all when I'm finished (and only if I haven't fu#ked it up! haha)

I've also ordered ANOTHER new back box for my exhaust which I should be fitting next weekend (the one I had made last year sounds great - but the jippo's didn't use stainless welding so it's starting to tarnish!! Looking forward to the new one.

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,465 Posts
Yeah... I've been wanting a body kit more and more these days.... I'm thinking that I could get away with just adding the AMG side-skirts (it's the sides really that I want to fill out).

I don't mind the look of our front end and I can always change it later on. I think a complete AMG kit will be quite expensive (buying it new seems the only option at the mo!) so I'm thinking of just getting the sides.

I still need to work out if it'll look ok but I'm certainly looking for some side-skirts.

I've decided to leave my rear camber as it is. It doesn't seem to be wearing that quickly. Le Mans is in 4 weeks so I will let you know if I need new tyres when I get back!!

P.S - I have a little project planned this weekend... I will reveal all when I'm finished (and only if I haven't fu#ked it up! haha)

I've also ordered ANOTHER new back box for my exhaust which I should be fitting next weekend (the one I had made last year sounds great - but the jippo's didn't use stainless welding so it's starting to tarnish!! Looking forward to the new one.

I know what you mean its quite hard to find a godd Mercedes accessory place in the UK, I am after the star gill compliment my now flat emblem and all I can find is overseas and I dont know if the tax will be an issue? (I didnt like the big star at first as other cars it looks like its just stuck on, but as the new CLK has it, our cars look the part and really sleek)

As for you adding side skirts it will be interesting to see... but I am always carefull at edding bits to the otuside of the car, as if you get it right it looks complete and always supposed to be there like from the factory, get it wrong and it looks like you just stuck them on with 'super-glue'! Its also important that you look at the lines if your just going with skirts, as you want to get the bottom of the skirt the same line as the front other wise the front will look too high like a boat !. I gues you could always add a lip.! This is something that I would like to do, just the lip would be enough for me. (photo added)

If you have a look at CLKMAN car he has said he has a full Brabus kit, but it doesent look that different to stock, and this is the key for me that it looks 'fit for purpose', the difference is on the side skirt that they do not have the notch out of it for the door. (see photo)

Looking foward to seeign this mystery project ! Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what you mean its quite hard to find a godd Mercedes accessory place in the UK......

...I am after the star gill compliment my now flat emblem...

As for you adding side skirts it will be interesting to see...

....Its also important that you look at the lines if your just going with skirts...

If you have a look at CLKMAN car he has said he has a full Brabus kit, but it doesent look that different to stock.....

Looking foward to seeign this mystery project ! Good Luck

Hi mate,

Yeah, availability in the UK for parts is a nightmare, eh?! I spent about an hour on the net the other day and couldn't find anything! Just the the Rieger kit which isn't all that great.

As for your grill that you're after - I think I saw a couple of those on Ebay... not that expensive either if I remember (hmmm....I feel abit of a bidding war coming!!!! LOL haha!!!).

As for the side skirts, I know what you mean about the lines. I certainly won't be making any "Rash" decisions. I also appreciate that getting the kit to fit correctly is of paramount importance, I recall some guys here on the forum mentioning that it's common to have to carry out some "custom" work to get a good fit.

I also noticed the same thing about CLKMAN's body kit! I asked him about it too not that long ago - saying how much it was similar to our front end. I agree that a lip added to ours would do the job!

I also never noticed the "notch" missing from his kit!!

"Mystery project".... heehee!!

I will be starting at about 10am tomorrow and I should be able to get it done by 6pm.

I will take pictures get back to you!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
.....I am after the star gill compliment my now flat emblem....

I have just seen one on Ebay!

If you type in "CLK grille", it should bring up a few different styles. The first on the list is the one you're after I think and It is based in the UK!!

It is going for £130 and is new. It is being sold by a UK based company and I'm sure that can get hold of one again if the above mentioned one gets sold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts