Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
from small to large
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of cabin air filter for E300D and tried to put them on today. I did search this forum and read through those nice posts beforehand, thanks falks for the info, but I quickly found out that I was still unable to pull the glovebox out.

In this link, it indicates there is a locking tab at each side, but in my car I don't see any openning (or cover) there. I believe the holding spots are right there. http://www.hastingsfilter.com/products/af1147.pdf

Has anyone seen that? Thanks.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,207 Posts
You didn't run into my replies did ya?
Last time I did the replacement in less than 2 minutes.
When you remove all the screws holding the glove box compartment, push the top rim slightly down. That will expose couple of slots behind it. The holding fins are very close behind those slots, so inserting flat, big screwdriver and pushing the rim down will unlatch the fins.
Some members cut the fins off for easier job in the future, but I figured out they are safety measure (in case of accident) and decided to leave them.

·
Registered
from small to large
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, big thanks to you Kajtek1! How dare I miss your replies (scratching my thin hair~~)...
I'll give it a try soon...

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Oops, I just forcefully pull it out, but I did not notice any break.

I know I will get some scolding from you guys, it 's ok, hehe, I took out the filters and decide to washed them in warm detergents and they work fine afterward. It smells great when I turn on the aircon, and no more water vapor on the windscreen. Yes I am a Chinese.

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,019 Posts
<....> I know I will get some scolding from you guys, it 's ok, hehe, I took out the filters and decide to washed them in warm detergents and they work fine afterward. It smells great when I turn on the aircon, and no more water vapor on the windscreen. Yes I am a Chinese.
LOL....not just Chinese...but sounds definitely Cantonese, am I right?

·
Registered
from small to large
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, raymond, i bet you are right (and funny :)

Hey iluvjesus, thanks for your info on the tools to take the radio out... I made the keys as you told and it worked... Thanks big.

·
Registered
2000 MB
803 Posts
Those are yucky filters. I better pay attention to mine since there is such great difference of air coming out when I push the button for the filtered air. Thanks for posting picture.

·
Registered
36,207 Posts
Wait a minute, the paper filters work on all the air entering the cabin. The filter button activate charcoal filters, but those don't work when I am on I-5 180 miles south of SF passing cow farm.

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
Now how many years before this car you drove ones without cabin filters?
Can you picture all that stuff on your lungs?
The AC evaporator will catch a lot of it. Consider the time it takes to change those filters, and then think of how much fun it would be to clean the evaporator.

·
Registered
36,207 Posts
AC evaporator? Years ago I bought W124 that was driven in Texas and Oklahoma. Even the car was in pristine condition, it had some overheating tendency. Till one time I removed the front shrouds to discover that whole radiator cavity below the bumper was filled up up with bodies of grass hoppers, or other creatures looking like them.
I cleaned small bucket of them.

·
Registered
from small to large
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AC evaporator? Years ago I bought W124 that was driven in Texas and Oklahoma. Even the car was in pristine condition, it had some overheating tendency. Till one time I removed the front shrouds to discover that whole radiator cavity below the bumper was filled up up with bodies of grass hoppers, or other creatures looking like them.
I cleaned small bucket of them.
That could be fertilizer for your garden :)

·
Registered
E320, phase1, 4 Matic, 1998 years, 25000kms.
8 Posts
Hello everyone,
I want to change my filter but I can also paspa to remove my glove box! I suppose it must make very strong? I am afraid to break something!
Can you help me?

Thank you

·
Registered
from small to large
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now how many years before this car you drove ones without cabin filters?
Can you picture all that stuff on your lungs?
I am worried about my lungs then ever... what to do with my 300SDL? it doesn't have cabin filters, en, i have to think about how to mod to add one...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts