Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that I mat take flak for posting this here but I like many people here absolutly love UNIMOGs. I have wanted one ever since I saw my first one and nearly cause accidents when I saw them in Germany each and everytime I saw one. I know that there are many purists that hate people like me but I too would rather see a complete truck driving down the road than just the axles.

I am trying to gather as much info as possible about 406/416 series axles. I am have gathered a lot of info already and compiiled a web page for everyone to share (with a lot of help of some great people from Pirate4x4.com). I would like to add more info from people that use thier trucks and those that repair them.

I would like to try and gather as many photos as possible to build a large data base on these axles. If anyone has changed the bearings and found a North American source pleace add those numbers. I would also like to try and get pictures of all the different types of brake systems as well as spline counts.

Tips for tear down and part replacement. I have spent a lot of time searching the net for well over 100 hours on just this topic already and would like to build more info.

Thank in advance.

Jay

PS my axles came from a truck that had served it entire life underground and was WAY beyond repair.

Edit forgot to add link.

http://ca.geocities.com/[email protected]/unimog_406_and_later_axle_info.htm

·
Registered
Unimog_404.113_1970
178 Posts
i cant add any info about 406/416 Unimog axle´s, but will comment the web page... [:)]

i think the page is fine, easy to read and pretty good choices of color.

but (thers always a but..[:D]) you should´nt mix links and plaind text who looks the same (big green underlined text/link), and the pictures are to darn small. if there are larger versions of the pics, please make them "clickable" ...[;)]

the page is also quite long, perhaps you should make a few subpages to choose from, at top, instead of a couple of scrolls down ...

that was my ,02 [8D]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I realize that there are some flaws right now. My original server I had all the pics hyperlinked to much larger versions of the pictures but they are not loading correctly at this time. I will be moving the server in about 4 months to a more dedicated server with much better hosting abilities.

Thanks for the feedback, I really appriciate it.

I have also collected much more that what is there and once I get into my axles I expect to tripple (at least the phonts that are there)

Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts