Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an Infinity Basslink to add to my C320 system. For those that dont know, the basslink is a self amp'd sub that has both rca connections and speaker level connections. I have a 10 speaker bose system and am not satified with the sound the stock sub produces. <br>
What I'd like to know is if anyone can help me determine the best way to install my basslink. <br>
<br>
1. If I need to get to the back of the head unit how would I pull it out with no damage (I don't have the command H/U)? <br>
<br>
2. What is the best way to run a speaker wire and power wire from the trunk of my car to my head unit and battery? <br>
<br>
3. I don't have pull down rear seats, so should I port the trunk to the rear seats via first aid encloser so I can hear the sound instead of feel the vibration(best way?)?<br>
<br>
4. Do I have to go throuh the H/U or can I connect it via stock amp? How?<br>
<br>
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.<br>
<br>
<p>we-24-165-153-1.we.mediaone.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am also adding a sub...

I am going to get a port to the trunk by removing the plastic cover behind the rear seat armrest.<br> I don't know if it is going to be possible though, because of the stupid fiber network in the new C class. You could tap off a high output from the Bose sub or rear door speakers, but I am concerned that the signal is equalized for the Bose speakers. I am going to take it in for a professional install in a couple of weeks to see if they can figure it out.<p>c474007-a.ftclns1.co.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed a Basslink in my 190E, while my car is different from the C class, some of my info should prove usefull to you.<br> <br> First off, you can tap into your rear speakers for high level inputs for the Basslink. Second, using high level inputs, there is no need for a remote turn on since the Basslink will auto turn on when you turn your factory stereo on. (make sure the switch on the Basslink is set to auto). <br> <br> I picked up a 8 awg power kit and ran power from the battery through the interior to the trunk. Gound for the Basslink was provided by a bolt near the gas tank. <br> <br> On my 190E, the first aid kit sits in a plastic tray that is removable. I took out the rear deck and carefully cut away the cardboard/jute material leaving only the acoustically transparent carpet. I mounted the Basslink under the first aid kit opening. <br> <br> Overall I am very impressed with the unit and the sound quality.<p>r184-44-dsl.sea.lightrealm.net

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2phast,<br> <br> I just added a basslink to my 300e. i can't tell from your picture whether you have the woofer (I assume the infinity label side) or the passive radiator side facing up. Wonder if you experimented with both positions. what are your thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts