Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an Infinity Basslink to add to my C320 system. For those that dont know, the basslink is a self amp'd sub that has both rca connections and speaker level connections. I have a 10 speaker bose system and am not satified with the sound the stock sub produces. <br>
What I'd like to know is if anyone can help me determine the best way to install my basslink. <br>
<br>
1. If I need to get to the back of the head unit how would I pull it out with no damage (I don't have the command H/U)? <br>
<br>
2. What is the best way to run a speaker wire and power wire from the trunk of my car to my head unit and battery? <br>
<br>
3. I don't have pull down rear seats, so should I port the trunk to the rear seats via first aid encloser so I can hear the sound instead of feel the vibration(best way?)?<br>
<br>
4. Do I have to go throuh the H/U or can I connect it via stock amp? How?<br>
<br>
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.<br>
<br>
<p>we-24-165-153-1.we.mediaone.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd return the Sub and get more information on the sound system on your car before proceding any further. You're probably going to find out that it's not possible to hook up the sub-woofer due to the Fiber-optic ring in the car. I'm not a nay-sayer, I went round and round trying to replace my head unit and a couple of other people on this forum have tried what you're trying and failed. Good Luck.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not easy...

If your sub has speaker level connections like you said, you should be able to connect it to the factory sub wires in your trunk. That's actually about the only place you can hook in anyway, so you're lucky you've got speaker level inputs on the thing. You can absolutely forget about connecting it to any low level line outputs from the head unit, so don't even bother trying to remove the head unit.<br> <br> The main thing I'd be concerned about is how much signal modification the Bose amp does to the sub output lines. If Bose's amp significantly shapes the signal going to the factory sub, you may not get very good sound out of your amplified sub. I'm pretty interested in how it works after you get it hooked up, so please let us know what it sounds like.<br> <br> As far as power goes, I haven't researched this at all yet, but I think there's a major fuse block in the driver's side of the trunk side wall, so if they ran a large enough wire from the battery to this fuse block, you might be able to tap into the line there. It's a little risky to do this without knowing how much extra capacity they built into that line, but it's also probably the easiest place to tap into battery power. How much power does your sub draw?<br> <br> If I were you I'd run a temporary line from the battery to the trunk (run outside the car) to see what it sounds like before you perform a final power wire installation. If the signal at the Bose sub is completely tailored to that speaker then you probably won't be able to use your amplified sub, so there's no point in wasting a bunch of time running a power wire until you know that the setup will work well.<p>firewall.mfm.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doint that right requires more than one week<br> of work. Did complete upgrade of my soundystem<br> replacing six speakers, adding a sub, amp<br> and redoing complete wiring. Basically it<br> required dismounting vast amount of interior<br> equipment including rear seat, front<br> carpeting, door sils and many others. Did that<br> all by myself so that's why it took me so long.<br> But i'm very satisfied with results. Best way<br> to route wiring is left or right wiring loom<br> on the side. Got power supply from power rail<br> on the drivers side (there's a fuse box on<br> it). <p>pschp-227.man.polbox.pl

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is this on a '01 or '02 w/a factory Bose?

Michal,<br> <br> Did your car have the Bose fiber optic system? Did you replace the head unit & Bose amp? If so, did it cause any problems with the Tele-Aid?<br> <br> If all you replaced was the factory speakers (and added a sub/amp of course), did you notice a difference in sound quality with the new speakers? I was under the impression that Bose had specially selected speakers to match the amp.<p>cvg-29-22-174.cinci.rr.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Is this on a '01 or '02 w/a factory Bose?

It is 2001 without Bose (currently they claim<br> that Bose is unavailable for T-Model, i don't<br> know why). But audio components are connected<br> with fiber D2B ring anyway. I've used 'high'<br> speaker outputs of COMAND to drive power amp,<br> using two Dietz high->low (cinch) converters.<br> It works fine, altough it requires some<br> tweaking with amp & converter settings (a lot<br> of knobs to turn;). Noise is not noticeable.<br> <p>pschp-227.man.polbox.pl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bose Mercedes 02' c320 stereo system. Comes with front speakers and tweeters (4) , rear sp...

Bose Mercedes 02' c320 stereo system. Comes with front speakers and tweeters (4) , rear speakers (2), factory amp and subwoofer (1). Serious Only. $200.00 OBO Contact: Alan [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts