Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several people have told me that it isn't good to wax a brand new car and advised me to wait several months before applying a coat of wax. Is this true? I just got a new '02 CLK 320 and wanted to wash and wax it because it got really dirty in a recent rain storm, and more winter rains are coming.<p>1Cust37.tnt1.sausalito3.ca.da.uu.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Myth?

I JUST BOUGHT A 2002 CLK 430 CAB AND THE DAY I GOT IT FROM THE DEALER I WAXED IT 3 TIMES IN A ROW > I'VE HAD IT FOR THREE WEEKS AND I CAN SAY IT HAS ABOUGHT 17 COATS OF WAX, NEVER WASHED IT EATHER. THIS IS MY FORTH BRAND NEW CAR AND I DO THE SAME TO ALL OF THEM!! ONE OF MY CARS I HAVE FOR 18 MONTHS AND STILL HAVENT WASHED , AND THAT HAS ATLEAST 70 COATS OF WAX ON IT. CALL ME CRAZY!! I KNOW, SO DON'T WORRY WAX THE THING . WAX WILL NEVER HURT!!<p>spider-mtc-ti043.proxy.aol.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's true - MB says let the paint cure at least 6 months..

It's true - MB suggests letting the paint cure at least 6 months before applying wax. Don't know many people who've done that. I've had mine since 2 months and plan to wait until spring. Keeping it garaged on bad winter days.<p>cgey-int-fw2-pub.ey.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't worry about it, MB Paint is shit anyways, it'll chip off before your 6 months are up!

Don't forget the fact that it took 3 months to get your car from production to your dealer. Now is waiting 3 months from when you buy it that bad? My dealership waxed it for free the first time I came back.<p>ca-brea5b-23.stmnca.adelphia.net

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.