Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320, 2001 ML320, 1982 380SL, 2006 ML350
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What trunk tools are supposed to come with the W164? I purchased mine used and there seems to be a lot of holes and contours with nothing in them.

I have the jack, wheel chock, the recovery loop, tire iron and a strange knurled rod. What else should be in there. The foam on top of the spare also has some cool looking indents.

·
Registered
2006 ML350
615 Posts
Mine is the same way and I am sure its not meant to be full. Sounds like you have what you need but I will check mine out. The foam thing around the spare is empty, but you are right, it has some cool indents :)

·
Registered
2006 ML350
615 Posts
and mine even has disposable gloves for when you fill up the gas and do repair work :)

seriously...

·
Registered
2010 GL450 2016 GLE350
150 Posts
What trunk tools are supposed to come with the W164? I purchased mine used and there seems to be a lot of holes and contours with nothing in them.

I have the jack, wheel chock, the recovery loop, tire iron and a strange knurled rod. What else should be in there. The foam on top of the spare also has some cool looking indents.
The knurled rod is an aid in getting a wheel back on. Screw it in the top hole on the axle flange and then slide one of the bolt holes on the rim through it. It lines up the bolt holes nicely..............
If you have optional rims that require longer wheel bolts, make certain you also have the standard shorter bolts to fasten the spare on. The longer bolts will stick out on the back side of the flange and catch on the brakes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.