Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my switch was acting up and instead of replacing it, I sprayed on some WD40 and put it off. The contacts eventually fell apart and the only way to get in the trunk was to tap out the lock (broke one of my keys and bent the other before the lock cylinder snapped and spun round and round like a bad Ratt song. Will cost $300 for replacement lock.

I suggest to at least inspect the switch if not replace it as a precautionary measure.
$9.38 w/tax

Part# 201-820-21-10

·
Registered
81 Posts
2000 CLK430

I thought that was the trunk light switch. What does it have to do with the lock. Does it trigger some relay on the electric portion of the switch.

·
worst mod in BW history
ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
27,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought that was the trunk light switch. What does it have to do with the lock. Does it trigger some relay on the electric portion of the switch.
I call it a sensor but the stealership knows it as the "trunk switch". It tells whether your trunk is open or not. If it is not working, you cannot open your trunk either from the console or the remote key.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts