Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I am new in this forum, any idea will be great,thanks in advance.

2007 S550,trunk opens from door panel, from remote control, from trunk button but doesn't goes up automatically, needs to be open by hand and same way to close.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
Hello everybody, I am new in this forum, any idea will be great,thanks in advance.

2007 S550,trunk opens from door panel, from remote control, from trunk button but doesn't goes up automatically, needs to be open by hand and same way to close.
When you unlock the trunk how far does it open before you have to lift it by hand?

·
52,804 Posts
around 3-5 inch.
So it is not operating at all, is the switch light on? If not I will look up the fuse # for this first if you do not have the fuse list in your tool kit with the spare wheel.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Had same problem with my 04 S500. In my case the trunk wire harness was getting pinched and not providing power to the trunk components. Check your lisence plate lights to see if they are on. Is the light on the red trunk button on? That's another indication.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the funny store, it was a lot of advises, what i did, i just drove 2 days with original keys without that start button and on the second day trunk start work again normally, took car to car wash and guy close the trunk by hand, so i got the same problem, it won't open and close again, yesterday car was parked all day long and today trunk works again, like before. So I don't know what to tell you, and will try tomorrow to drive with start button, let you know later.
Thank you for all your posts.

·
52,804 Posts
Here is the funny store, it was a lot of advises, what i did, i just drove 2 days with original keys without that start button and on the second day trunk start work again normally, took car to car wash and guy close the trunk by hand, so i got the same problem, it won't open and close again, yesterday car was parked all day long and today trunk works again, like before. So I don't know what to tell you, and will try tomorrow to drive with start button, let you know later.
Thank you for all your posts.
You may well have a wire that is sometimes touching ground.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the same problem on my CL 600. The switch lights up but nothing works. The trunk opens a few inches by pressing the key but that's it. Could it be the pump that's bad ?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Don't know if it's related but I was having problems with my trunk opening when I was experiencing low voltage problems associated with the trunk battery that I replaced, but I had multiple issues, not just the trunk.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you look at my post " 2008 CL 600 voltage problems " , you will see all the codes I'm getting and there is a lot of low voltage codes including the power trunk. So maybe it's all related I don't know. But all the codes are " STORED " codes. I just bought the car so I don't know what they fixed before. Could all these " STORED " codes be from a past problem that has been fixed now? Maybe nobody cleared the codes after.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I already replaced the trunk battery and nothing changed which is why I'm thinking maybe it's not low voltage that I have now. Or maybe I do and the 3rd battery needs to be replaced or maybe the BCM ( battery control module ) . What other problems did you have other than the power trunk ?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,861 Posts
It is entirely possible the codes were stored from past problems and not cleared, especially if you are not currently experiencing problems. Many OBDII readers will not clear codes; Mercedes DAS may be required.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts