Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, as the title suggest, I'm having trouble with opening my trunk with the key fob. When I press the trunk opener, it doesn't open anymore.
It even takes like 10-15 seconds for the trunk to get unlocked after opening the car with the key fob.

I've checked that I can lock and unlock with the key immediately, but like I said the key fob (or even the interior trunk opener button) doesn't work.

When the car is unlocked and I try to open the trunk with the key fob and then open it manually, the trunk opens, but the handle won'T come out for like 5-10 seconds. Then I hear the lock clicking itself to an unlocked position.
I also hear a hissing sound for like 2 seconds after I open the trunk near the locks.

I've got 1997 S500 with the optional extra trunk lock.

Any idea what might be the problem? Maybe a leaking vacuum line near the trunk locks?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The vacuum/pressure actuator on the handle or the one on the trunk release is probably leaking. Get a hand vacuum pump and test them.

Jon

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would one do that? I've never done anything similar before.
Is there like a port where I could attach the hand vacuum pump?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You'll have to either remove the carpeting from the trunk lid or rear wall to get to the actuators. Disconnect the lines, and attach the pump with a hose. Or you can get to the various lines at the PSE under that back seat, disconnect the lines one by one, and test from there. There are many threads here on testing the pneumatic system. Not hard, just time consuming. The type of pump to use is in this thread:
[/URL]

Jon

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so apparently we've checked the vacuum lines, checked the vacuum pump itself, checked the locks and nothing seems out of ordinary, everything seems to work fine, but there's a delay in opening the trunk. Any further ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts