Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, and thank you for reading this .
On my 2000 ML320 I can unlock the doors including the tailgate but when I try to look the car the tailgate will not look. I get the feeling that is the lock actuator, but I have no way to check it (why is still unlocking ?). I also think that the actuator itself can be changed without buying the whole part with the handle. Any ideas? Have any of you open an actuator to see what is inside?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rocketman, thanks a lot, I will post my results.

And if it's not the plastic connection, but the motor itself, this one fit mine: Amazon.com: VDO AC10022 Door Lock Actuator: Automotive
Check the number, but it's about half the price of the whole assembly and a couple screws to install. You can also cut the motor assembly open and attempt to replace the motor itself (try ebay), but that's a marginal operation.

·
Registered
2000 ML 320
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally I got around to write about my experience on fixing the trunk actuator. And, as I was expecting the plastic tip of the actuator was broken!! Easy to fix if you are handy with a drill, and follow the good advices on this post. Guys, really, thanks a lot for all the good advices and ideas, for taking your time to answer peoples questions and helping strangers!!! You really make a difference!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts