Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I just completed a remove/replacement procedure for the vacuum actuator in the trunk locking mechanism.

Could I get a few eyes on it for content, flow, procedure, etc..?

The Link: SLK trunk lock actuator

Thanks!
-Ben

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
Figure 7 - Are you sure you have the new/old the correct way around. Top one looks newer to me.

Figure 10 - Cannot see what it's supposed to show. Does not add anything to the document.

Otherwise, very good to have this around. Face-lift models had trunk lock changed, in particular the release button, but this may still be usable.

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kobus: Great Catches! Thank you for your comments. You are right on both accounts and I have made the appropriate changes.
When you are talking about the late model, you are not referring to the R171, are you? If not, would you have a few pictures of THAT trunk button? I could incorporate it into this document.

Thanks again!
-B

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320(217K Miles), 2002 E320 Special Edition(183K Miles)
3,467 Posts
Ben,
The face-lift R170 no longer have a trunk release button on the right-hand side of the lid. Instead, it just have a handle in the lift area in the center of the trunk. One just 'compress' the handle to unlatch the trunk. Keyhole is also hidden there. Unfortunately I don't have a photo and it's coming down with rain here at the moment, so no chance to run out and take one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts