Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have to replace my 500SEL insignia on the back of my trunklid AGAIN! Sigh....

My question- Is there a way to put the letters and numbers on so that they are level and spaced apart evenly? I've had to do it so often that I should be a pro, but I don't ever seem to be able to get them so they look like they were when the car came from the factory. Is there a template or something?

Thanks!

·
Registered
895 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Another trick is to lay out (sticky-side up) a piece of clear plastic packing tape on a flat surface. Then you can place the letters upside down on the tape and should be able to get them aligned and spaced properly. Place them gently at first so you can reposition them on the tape if needed. You can also flip it over to make sure all looks straight from the front. Then you should be able to transfer them to the trunk as a set.

Good Luck - it's always more difficult than it seems

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
i belive his was grinded one, as that is common practice for imported cars from singapore and taiwan...everybody wants to have the newest as thats the status thing and so is the engine size so badging to 500 and 600 is very common on cars that come from there and also most of the cars are facelifted that includes grill, and bumpers and side mouldings and trunk, lights etc but i've seen 1986 W124 230E that was face lifted to look like 1995 320E including wheels, different bonnet, and even some interior parts crazy eh :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts