Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 S430 and i recently replaced the central locking vacuum pump because of a previous leak which burned out the first pump. I pump is the exact same as the original and when replacing it we did not switch any of the lines or anything, just simply unplug from old and plug into new. Everything works with the locking system and trunk assist, however the trunk closer handle.
Normally when you press the button to open the trunk the handle pops out and then you close the trunk and the handle retracts in a few seconds. In my situation it does the opposite, so when i close the trunk the handle pops out and when i open the trunk the handle remains retracted. Any help?

·
Registered
2000 S320
53 Posts
I have a 2003 S430 and i recently replaced the central locking vacuum pump because of a previous leak which burned out the first pump. I pump is the exact same as the original and when replacing it we did not switch any of the lines or anything, just simply unplug from old and plug into new. Everything works with the locking system and trunk assist, however the trunk closer handle.
Normally when you press the button to open the trunk the handle pops out and then you close the trunk and the handle retracts in a few seconds. In my situation it does the opposite, so when i close the trunk the handle pops out and when i open the trunk the handle remains retracted. Any help?

and i also add a question, can we add trunk handle to 2000s

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anybody have a thought on this? I have the exact same situation. My PSE was going bad, just replaced it, and now the trunk handle doesn't pop out when the trunk is opened. I've tried the PSE fuse reset, and even the battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anybody have a thought on this? I have the exact same situation. My PSE was going bad, just replaced it, and now the trunk handle doesn't pop out when the trunk is opened. I've tried the PSE fuse reset, and even the battery.
FYI - the pump is for various models, etc. So, my local shop was able to find the setting in the computer and correct the trunk handle to work properly. It took more time to find the setting that to make the correction!

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes-Benz S500, 1982 300SD, and about 4 other parts cars in rubbermaid bins in the garage
306 Posts
Using the SDS you run a readaption program to renormalize the handle to closed position.

·
Registered
03 Mercedes s55 amg
4 Posts
trunk handle

which module do i have to readopt to synchronize the trunk handle (rear sam or pse )Using the SDS you run a readaption program to renormalize the handle to closed position

·
Registered
2005 S600
540 Posts

·
Registered
03 Mercedes s55 amg
4 Posts
03 mercedes s55 amg trunk handle

What does this even mean?

What is the trunk handle not doing?
The trunk handle on my 03 mercedes s55 amg working in opposit when closing and opening trunk lid. i need to know which computer or components to reprogram or adopt.. to make it work properly.. pls help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts