Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Trunk Close Assistance

2028 Views 10 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Peter Guenther
I have to work on a 600 that has a problem with the trunk close assistance(lock won't retract)Anyone had problems in this area,advice appreciated<br><br>
Clive
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just went through this.<br> <br> Open the trunk; look at the inside of the lid.<br> There are two holes, one for each of two <br> mechanisms. You can reset the trunk close<br> with the lower one, and the pop-out handle with<br> the upper one.

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions, unfortunately no joy. However I managed to get in touch with the brilliant Daniel Gillitzer who sent me detailed info.To cut a long story short I pulled the relevant fuse(think it was number 9) waited 10 secs and replaced it. Presto! Apparently it allows itself to reset after any recent problems.<br> Well worth knowing<br> Thanks Daniel and everybody<br> Regards<br> Clive

· Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,885 Posts
140 Trunk

It is usually the vacum pump that also controls the doors and is located above the rear (drivers) side wheel next to the gas tank. Pulling the fuses is a temporary fix the pump is $600 and usually comes back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.