Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300SE
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where these options by any chance? I can't recall if I've ever seen a w126 with an underhood light, but I've seen plenty of w126's, w201s, and w124's with them. I haven't seen any wiring in my car that would indicate that I have them. Maybe I'm just missing something?

·
Registered
2008 S550 designo
396 Posts
My 91 has a trunk light in the lid, but no hood light.

tw

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,095 Posts
Why not install one. They are very useful!!! I found this one but it's for a Jeep vehicle but, still the same it provides light. See below.

http://store.rnventions.com/view_product.php?product=J0111A

Attachments

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
they didn't install one for safety reasons. You can't fit in the engine compartment to check if the light goes out. *sarcasm*

I am thinking about using LEDS, has anyone else tried?

·
Registered
1987 420 SEL
2,095 Posts
How about getting a Maglite flashlight that has the adjustable lens. You can purchase them in a dual pack usually with a large one (4 d batteries) and the small one (2 aa batteries). I keep a small one in my glove box and the larger one in the tool box in the trunk.

By the way, these are the same flashlights the police use. Very durable, especially for warding off an intruder!!!

Attachments

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Yes, i have a 6-D Cell slipped under the seat, for...um...lighting up intruders....

They don't work very well for lighting the engine because they roll around, and they are quite heavy to hold in one hand in odd positions. One slipped out of my greasy hands once...almost hit the fender.

I got a 1 pound all plastic LED light from then on for working on the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts