Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Premium Member
2001 S500 163,967 mi
Yep, mine is same place. I pulled both connectors, they both are HOT with 14v (my battery is on trickle charger so topped off), so I pulled "F" relay, that turned them off. Fuse #6 controls that relay, now my question why are they both turned on with car cold and off?? Still think I have a bad ground to the SAM, but now we are looking at the LEFT side SAM.

300ma is a lot closer to <60ma than 1.6amps, LOL.

W220 Moderator
That is weird ..........................

or maybe not .....................

Was the Pump actually running ? Perhaps they are Earth Switched ?

Bad Relay ? (contact points jammed) ........................

So now the Pump is not running and the Antennae Amp is happy what draw are you getting ?

Premium Member
2001 S500 163,967 mi
[QUOTE="Dave2302, post: 18132239, member: 462122"
Was the Pump actually running ? Perhaps they are Earth Switched ?
I'm thinking bad ground/earth. I cannot tell that the motor is actually running.

Bad Relay ? (contact points jammed) ........................
Relay checks okay on my homemade tester, I will switch relays.

So now the Pump is not running and the Antennae Amp is happy what draw are you getting ?
Correct!
[/QUOTE]
Just finished putting my HU and climate control back in. Checked errors on climate control (charcoal & REST buttons) fault: B1417 which is duo valve "Y21y1" left & B1418 which is right side.

W220 Moderator
That is probably one of the Plugs you took off, Duo Valve is right by Pump motor ;)

Premium Member
2001 S500 163,967 mi
That is probably one of the Plugs you took off, Duo Valve is right by Pump motor ;)
Correct again. I plugged them (duo motors) back in, cleared the errors, turned off. Cranked again, no errors.
I still get 13.06v while car is off at those connections tho. I checked relay and it is off now, relay is good. I checked voltage at relay coil connectors to prove circuit was hot, but it was NOT???

Premium Member
2001 S500 163,967 mi
I'm going to pull the DUO valve (heater valve assy $307 at pelican) and have a look.
Lunch break. Looks like I need to vacuum some leaves!
20210102_121015.jpg
Took the motor apart, completely corroded together and frozen. We are on hold, waiting for another DUO Valve assembly .

Premium Member
2001 S500 163,967 mi
Okay, purchased DUO/pump valve used on ebay, it was froze, sent it back and purchased a new one. Just installed.
Connected battery back (been disconnected all this time and is at 13.1v). Sync'd everything, let it sleep 45 minutes, several readings on drain from 60ma to 110ma. I'm still leery that it is not fixed, will check it often. I have a trickle charger (motorcycle 750ma) on it just in case.

P.S. For others that go down this road: The SDS refers to this part as A31m1 (the recirculating pump).

Premium Member
2001 S500 163,967 mi
Well, back to 1.6 amps parasitic drain after only 3 days of use.
I am unable to clear the error in right front SAM A31m1. So, I'm looking at pulling the SAM and heating the board to reseat the circuits. If no change, then get another SAM.

W220 Moderator
If I were you I would just change that Fuse and Relay Box, as well as the SAM, good used are usually sold as a complete unit anyways.

Don't forget to at least check it's Version Codings match the spec of the Car, and change them if necessary ;)

HTH ;)

21 - 29 of 29 Posts