Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bit of fun trivia here then.

Found this on the floor that fell out from behind glovebox or stereo.

I hadn't removed the two screens that were screwed into it at some stage in its life, so I have no idea what it is.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
nah, Dont wanna play this game.

Have you tried google photo search with more details added?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Looks like it’s a thingy that goes under the whatsy that’s made to cover the thing a me gig on a left hand drive. That’s what it will be for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's attaches to the doo-hicky on the thing-ama-jig you described.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Reetp This is a waist of you time , asking members that know nothing about the car they own , never mind the part. So they have to make up some stupid answer . I did this a few weeks ago , and had the same response . Its the way it is friend .You will learn like i did. Not all members react in this way , you will get a genuine answer now and then .

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
Reetp This is a waist of you time , asking members that know nothing about the car they own , never mind the part. So they have to make up some stupid answer . I did this a few weeks ago , and had the same response . Its the way it is friend .You will learn like i did. Not all members react in this way , you will get a genuine answer now and then .

Did you not read the part that said
TRIVIA. BIT OF FUN!!!
I have pulled the interior and exterior apart on 2 ML’s and have never seen that part. I’m sure if we knew what it was we would say. Sorry to have a little bit of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Struggling here aren't we? :)

(and yes, I expected some unusual answers, so I'm not upset.... I now how bored some folks get)

I really haven't got a clue what it is.

Fell out of my W163 ML400 CDI

Just hoped some guru might have an idea.

Car still runs (badly) so it is clearly no loss.....

·
Registered
773 Posts

(and yes, I expected some unusual answers, so I'm not upset.... I now how bored some folks get)

There's no terminals for an electronic connection, so it clearly isn't going to keep your truck on or off the road.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts

Well, the gurus here are a wealth of knowledge, and that missing part looks more like a small plate/cover piece that serves it's intended function based on what it looks like - a small cover piece.

Just another thought...
If you can spare the time and have a pickn pull in your neck of the woods, go see if there's a w163 gathering rust and poke around inside the dashboard center console and see if you can find anything that resembles it. It's a stab in the dark.
I've done this (scavenging) for our fleet and our neighbors rides to find some good trinkets/parts as spares for next to nothing.
You never know. :)

When you least expect it or dont need it, an answer will materialize.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
A friend of mine, many years ago, who worked for VW, told the story of when they would put an extra non VW part behind the dashboard that would eventually fall out or confuse a mechanic working on the car months or years later.

Another mean thing to do was to mount a piece of tubing with a marble or ball bearing in it on the back of a radio. It would look like it belonged there. Can you imagine how long it would take a mechanic to identify the customer's complaint.

Note: these were new, under warranty, vehicles.

Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
A friend of mine, many years ago, who worked for VW, told the story of when they would put an extra non VW part behind the dashboard that would eventually fall out or confuse a mechanic working on the car months or years later.

Another mean thing to do was to mount a piece of tubing with a marble or ball bearing in it on the back of a radio. It would look like it belonged there. Can you imagine how long it would take a mechanic to identify the customer's complaint.

Note: these were new, under warranty, vehicles.

Mike
That's funny. Although not so much for the perplexed mechanic working on the car later on. Some folks have a devilish sense of humor... :devil

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
11 Participants
khomer2
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing