Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Chrysler Valiant AP5
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there folks,

Got a client who is keen on setting up his 96 C36 with triple throttle bodies and after market computer!! I suggested I put out the feelers first and test the waters. The 104 is tough as and I've not seen any before with this sort of setup.. Expensive.. Maybe .. Maybe not to bad..

Whats the norm over in the states?? Tell us..

If he goes ahead would be a awesome database for you guys too.

Anyway..

Having worked on these things for years I know they rev hard and breathe well so..

Gonna need a custom intake manifold, shouldn't be to hard really, I know some crafty old timers with the skills.

Better flow from exhaust manifold, they look free but must be better out there? After market or custom? Better cat and and mufflers.

Camshafts? Should I bother looking into a new grind? What about valve advance??? Leave it alone??

Spark is sorted.

Harness..... Well.. Changed heaps over the years.. Heard whispers here in Australia that some bloke fixes em up in the states and sends em back?

Need help with Reputable supplies guys.

Seems like a few Snake Oil sellers here through your forum,

So anyone who has tuned or knows whats cooking feel free to shout out some advice of who, what and where. Good sellers and top products only.

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
142 Posts
The only major mod to the car should be the relocation of the oil filter housing due to the cylinder 6 ITB. All the ones I have seen have a block extending the oil housing unit outward.

It seems like a good idea but it would be cheaper to just get a 3.2L M104 and twin turbo the thing.

Y'all are gonna spend over 5000 on a motor for less than 400hp. ITB's, shrick cams, full exhaust, new pistons, port and polished head and a multi-angle valve job is about as far as you can reasonably go.

I spent less than 2500 to give my single turbo E320 over 400hp. It's got a completely stock engine.

·
Registered
1989 300e(sold), 1996 c36amg (modified)
163 Posts
The only major mod to the car should be the relocation of the oil filter housing due to the cylinder 6 ITB. All the ones I have seen have a block extending the oil housing unit outward.

It seems like a good idea but it would be cheaper to just get a 3.2L M104 and twin turbo the thing.

Y'all are gonna spend over 5000 on a motor for less than 400hp. ITB's, shrick cams, full exhaust, new pistons, port and polished head and a multi-angle valve job is about as far as you can reasonably go.

I spent less than 2500 to give my single turbo E320 over 400hp. It's got a completely stock engine.

I like the N/A approach... just sounds like a cool idea. a very cool idea. given the carlsonn 3.7rs with 6itb did only 340 hp I think much less than 400hp would be a more accurate estimate. I would imagine 360 would be something to aspire to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts