Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 E63
557 Posts
You drive too slow. :)

I've never reset mine. Will post a pic. But I looked at my cumulative mpg today: 16.5 mpg since I bought the car (bought new with 8 miles on it.) Pretty good for a 6.2 liter motor. Maybe I'm driving too slow, too. :D

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.3
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not me driving slow - it's the 1,000's of cars in front of me in peak hour traffic every morning and night.

Due to property developer greed and big businesses desire to get cheap labour, Melbourne has had huge immigration from 3rd world countries over the past 10 yrs - it is now so crowded that you don't even bother with public transport as it is overcrowded and riddled with diseases.

All Aussies who were born here, have moved back to using their cars - and it is so crowded on the roads that doing even a 33kmh average is a dam good effort !!!

·
Registered
2004 E500 Wagon, 2004 E55 AMG
1,327 Posts
My guess is E350 gasoline powered! I get mine reset after every service at the garage.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,135 Posts
I am thinking diesel based on the traffic conditions described a gasser would be around
6.2L/100km.

·
Registered
2009 E63
557 Posts
Here's mine from today. Never been reset either. Odd thing is that the IC readout isn't exactly synchronized with the odometer.

And I guess I drive too slow, too. Which doesn't make a lot of sense since I'm normally well over 35 mph the majority of the time :confused: Although there was a period where I was driving in some pretty dense urban traffic.

MPG isn't bad for such a big displacement V8, imho. Better than I expected.

·
Registered
1990 190E 2.3
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That is amazing economy for a big V8 - pretty impressed.

Also noticed that your display says From Reset, whereas mine says Since Restet. NFI why Mercedes would change this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts