Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of trim parts and am considering my options...

- Rear wiper cover 1637470087
- Cup holder cover 1636830210

I have found a wreck, but the parts are already taken. The dealer here will import them but takes 3 days to quote and delivery is 2 weeks (they say!)

Is there a site anyone can recommend as an option? Hold out for another wreck? Is this something US / EU / UK dealers may stock - I can have a friend buy and post to me...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I got quoted 150GBP for those parts! Ouch! Thats $225.... just 2 little plastic trim parts....

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
usually, customs duty [in Africa, India, etc.] on imported car parts is more than 100%. For example, in India, one gallon (4 one-Liter bottles) of coolant costs $100 at MB dealer in India. Not kidding !!

·
Registered
675 Posts
I am in need of trim parts and am considering my options...

- Rear wiper cover 1637470087
- Cup holder cover 1636830210

I have found a wreck, but the parts are already taken. The dealer here will import them but takes 3 days to quote and delivery is 2 weeks (they say!)

Is there a site anyone can recommend as an option? Hold out for another wreck? Is this something US / EU / UK dealers may stock - I can have a friend buy and post to me...
I used your part numbers and the online catalog doesn't know these numbers.
The wiper cover is $2.10 from the dealer here in the USA and I cant imagine that you couldn't find this part (and the other) from a dealer in SA. Just pay the excise tax and get over with it.

·
Premium Member
16,756 Posts
I used your part numbers and the online catalog doesn't know these numbers.
The wiper cover is $2.10 from the dealer here in the USA and I cant imagine that you couldn't find this part (and the other) from a dealer in SA. Just pay the excise tax and get over with it.
Wolf, those numbers are good, they are for European models.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, got the word back form the dealer...
- Rear wiper cover 1637470087 ZAR 291
- Cup holder cover 1636830210 ZAR 359

So a cool $65... I am likely to hold out a bit to see if a wreck crops up, or extend my search range.

Interestingly the 2nd part had never been ordered in this country before, so I am likely to find a 2nd hand one if I find a wreck.

·
Registered
675 Posts
OK, got the word back form the dealer...
- Rear wiper cover 1637470087 ZAR 291
- Cup holder cover 1636830210 ZAR 359

So a cool $65... I am likely to hold out a bit to see if a wreck crops up, or extend my search range.

Interestingly the 2nd part had never been ordered in this country before, so I am likely to find a 2nd hand one if I find a wreck.
I checked with the Post Office and they want $38.95 for 1 pound package to SA. If you have a friend in the USA ship it to you you come close to the 65 bucks for the parts and I think the same applies to shipment from Europe.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input folks, I will search a bit further for a wreck tomorrow , else I order in the pm. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts