Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After an LED light bulb conversion on my cluster, the triangle light refused to illuminate on start and when I turn off ESP. All the other lights work except for that one light. I have checked the bulb and its contacts and they are fine. Is the ESP broken in some way? Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
502 Posts
After an LED light bulb conversion on my cluster, the triangle light refused to illuminate on start and when I turn off ESP. All the other lights work except for that one light. I have checked the bulb and its contacts and they are fine. Is the ESP broken in some way? Thanks for looking.
The fact that it does not illuminate with Key in Ignition 2/ascending/engine OFF/, takes out of the equation the ESP system.

The ESP CU would be involved, if you had the BAS/ESP Malfunction Light ON, in which case the ESP Warning would not be switched ON, when switching ESP OFF.

The ESP Warning Light ON command comes to the Instrument Panel from the ESP CU through the CAN, in a similar fashion to the commands to the BAS/ESP, ABS, ETS, and some other lights. The other lights work, so the CAN communication through the CAN connector works.

Two questions:
a. Are you sure the LED replacement is OK? If yes, is it of correct wattage?

b. Did you try to install back the incandescent bulb? Does it work?

mercbentz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
mattml430
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing