Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Soon to be owner of ML 320 CDI
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how I would go getting my Palm working on my new M class with Bluetooth? Dealer tells me it just won't work and that the best thing to do is to get another phone that does work with the Bluetooth, and change the SIM card each time I get in the car (yeah, sure....) if I want to keep the same number. Any solutions? If relevant, I have the Comand system fitted. Thanks

· Registered
223.168 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,471 Posts
You seem to be from Australia and then using the European type of BT pucks. The first Euro pucks use BT SAP profile with simply is not supported by your phone (see earlier posts for a link on phones that support SAP).

There is a new Euro puck though that supports BT HF. I would at least assume your Palm being compatible with this BT puck. You of course lose then the car antenna advantage but if you have good coverage, this might not be an issue.

More info about different BT pucks here:
Wolfgang's ML Page: Mercedes-Benz Phones
Not sure if the Euro BT HF puck was listed though.

· Registered
Volvo 940GLE, GMC Suburban, Infiniti I30, Toyota Prius, VW GTI, MB SLK350, Lexus IS250
1,066 Posts
Boatman said:
Can anyone tell me how I would go getting my Palm working on my new M class with Bluetooth? Dealer tells me it just won't work and that the best thing to do is to get another phone that does work with the Bluetooth, and change the SIM card each time I get in the car (yeah, sure....) if I want to keep the same number. Any solutions? If relevant, I have the Comand system fitted. Thanks
Some people add a second line and set the car phone line to forward after 5 rings.

My Treo650 has problems with connecting after pairing (any device). I have to do a soft reset to regain connections again.

Search posting by Taroliw since he has posted quite a bit about this.

· Registered
Volvo 940GLE, GMC Suburban, Infiniti I30, Toyota Prius, VW GTI, MB SLK350, Lexus IS250
1,066 Posts
Treo650 BT

This Treo650 BT connect no connect problem had been plaguing me for a while. Since I have several cars with BT handsfree, I was able to isolate this to be problem with the Treo650 only since other BT phones, Ericsson and Nokia, worked fine.

The issue is that you MUST have the Treo650 in phone mode (screen) before you start the car. If the Treo650 is in any other mode, email, messaging, contact list, it won't connect to the BT handsfree in the car.

Looks like the Palm OS design treat the BT function as an application. So when it is working on something else, BT doesn't work. I had been trying to do a soft reset. That simply put the Treo650 back in the phone mode after reset.

If you have problem with your Treo650 BT connecting to your car, give this a try.

· Registered
2000 S500
16 Posts
It took about a month to get the ARGOS but it finally arrived. I installed it in about 15 minutes and fired away. It definitely works easily although I can't download my phonebook to the car (I have a TREO 650).

I can hear whom I am talking to very well but the folks on the receiving end can't hear me very well. My friends say I always sound like I'm talking in a tin can and am very hard to have a conversation with.

I plan on returning the unit.

· Registered
1,066 Posts
bertaux said:
I can hear whom I am talking to very well but the folks on the receiving end can't hear me very well. My friends say I always sound like I'm talking in a tin can and am very hard to have a conversation with.

I plan on returning the unit.
You can try a different placement of the mic. It should be near the mouth and at least 1 meter away from the speaker.

· Registered
223.168 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,471 Posts
CalifSLK said:
You can try a different placement of the mic. It should be near the mouth and at least 1 meter away from the speaker.
Isn't Argos supposed to use the MB OEM microphone and radio speakers? Of course replacing the mic might improve the voice quality but if the mic works with the MB kit, I guess Argos should work with it as it is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.