Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 G320, 2013 G63 AMG
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about a polish to brighten up the interior wood and remove the scratches?

I also need a lubricant or something to brighten up the skin seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 G300DT
2,030 Posts
Use Leatherique (Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products) on the leather seats. It restored my cardboard-hard seats to soft and supple leather. It does take some work and time to get a good result. The longer you leave the stuff on the leather the better the outcome. More than one day is best.

I don't know much about the wood. Mine needs some help too.

·
Registered
1997 G320, 2013 G63 AMG
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Did you use this method? STEERING WHEEL Re-dye | Leatherique Restoration Products

Did you buy all of the products at that list?
  1. Leatherique Steering Wheel Kit (includes 4oz of each of the following: Prepping agent, Black Dye, and Klear Kote) - LEATHERIQUE LTD - Detail
  2. Leatherique Rejuvenator oil (If you have leather you should have this stuff on hand at all times, the most amazing cleaner available in my opinion) - LEATHERIQUE LTD - Detail
  3. Leatherique Pristine clean (Same as above) - LEATHERIQUE LTD - Detail
  4. A few sheets of 600, 1000, 1500 grit sandpapers
  5. Crack Filler (Used if you have any problem areas that don’t come smooth after you hit it with your 1500 grit) - LEATHERIQUE LTD - Detail

·
Registered
96 G300DT
2,030 Posts
Ok. Did you use this method? STEERING WHEEL Re-dye | Leatherique Restoration Products

Did you buy all of the products at that list?
  1. Leatherique Steering Wheel Kit (includes 4oz of each of the following: Prepping agent, Black Dye, and Klear Kote) - LEATHERIQUE LTD - Detail
  2. Leatherique Rejuvenator oil (If you have leather you should have this stuff on hand at all times, the most amazing cleaner available in my opinion) - LEATHERIQUE LTD - Detail
  3. Leatherique Pristine clean (Same as above) - LEATHERIQUE LTD - Detail
  4. A few sheets of 600, 1000, 1500 grit sandpapers
  5. Crack Filler (Used if you have any problem areas that don’t come smooth after you hit it with your 1500 grit) - LEATHERIQUE LTD - Detail
Just the Rejuvinator oil and the cleaner. I use the oil first and it should be left on for a long time in order for it to soak into the leather. The cleaner then helps to remove the gunk that gets dislodged in the process. If you (or some PO) have used the cheapo silicone sprays, the oil may have trouble getting into the leather. Not sure what the fix is for that.

·
Registered
1997 G320, 2013 G63 AMG
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks :)

Can you use the oil to bring back the black color at the plastic around the dashboard, door handle, around the windows etc.?

·
Registered
3 Posts
For the interior wood you need to rub it down with wet and dry paper first. Then you need to apply a coat of cellulose lacquer, the finished job will need approx 4 coats of the lacquer. Important to flat it off in between each coat of lacquer.

·
Registered
1997 G320, 2013 G63 AMG
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the interior wood you need to rub it down with wet and dry paper first. Then you need to apply a coat of cellulose lacquer, the finished job will need approx 4 coats of the lacquer. Important to flat it off in between each coat of lacquer.
What graining do you use? #400, #1000, #1500? Do you use wet or dry first?
Do you have a link to a good cellulose lacquer? Thanks!

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,979 Posts
Personally, I would use a clear glossy urethane. MUCH tougher than lacquer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw a program where they did the same piece of trim from a G wagon and that is what they did although they did not give anymore details.
The program was Wheeler Dealers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts