Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
ML 320 2000
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do i need to replace the trans oil? can i do at any place or should i go to the dealer ? What oil should I place ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
99ML320 (retired) C230 530xi 911-C4
2,229 Posts
Celso said:
When do i need to replace the trans oil? can i do at any place or should i go to the dealer ? What oil should I place ?
Thanks.

Do a search on transmission oil.
This subject has been discussed about 684 times.

Good luck

PS: How are the riots in Brazil?

·
Registered
Brabus ML 270CDI
1,904 Posts
According to MB "filled for life" ... That's bullshit of course !. MB Dealers here in Europe are changing every 60'000 KM .

You need a temparature sensor , and dipstick to read the level ... (rises as the temperature increases.)

·
Registered
98 ML320 / 06 S2000 / 12 E350 BTC
856 Posts
roadsession said:
Do a search on transmission oil.
This subject has been discussed about 684 times.

Good luck

PS: How are the riots in Brazil?
685th time now

60k/5 years. for Tranny
90k for differential.

·
Registered
Brabus ML 270CDI
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
2002 ML320, 2013 GL450
434 Posts
Mr. WIS - we can always count on you sir...

60km translates to 37K miles.. I'm wondering if MB will do this as part of a scheduled change...

·
Registered
2002 ML320, 2013 GL450
434 Posts
just spoke to the stealer as well as MBUSA. MBUSA is standing by their policy that the trans oil need not be changed for it is "filled for life". He has not heard any complaints about the tranny breaking down due to the oil not being changed...

He said that you can change it if you want, with the MB blend, but the oil change is not required.

·
Registered
Brabus ML 270CDI
1,904 Posts
Manesh,

That makes sense if you consider that the transmission will blow up just ouside the waranty period!

This means that "filled for life" is right if the life only goes to approx 6 years or 150'000 KM !.... The oil is used up (burnt) at approx 100-130K.

If you want 200-300K on your tranmission you'll get it with the new design changes (unfortunately only lastest models have them) , frequent oil changes (using a filter to fill in the oil) , and a magnet in the bottom of the pan!.

Loads of cases of businessmen owners of S-Class MB's doing just over 100K and the trans blows .... (in just 2.5 years). MB giving no waranty in this case because of the mileage.

I guess this is a competition thing , because BMW are saying the same with their transmissions .....

I post the all EPC/WIS entries on a sticky thread on the other forum ... makes it easier to locate , and prevents repeated postings .....

PS: My current project is the sebel 150db Horn, and both ML55 + Facelift Bumper Updates (extra parts took only 1 Day to arrive! Turnaround here in germany for the Dealer ordered parts are incredibly fast. I order in the afternoon, they arrive next day!)

Still don't know which bumpers I prefer , so I'll just retrofit both of them and try them alternatively (summer/winter? ... changed with the tyres? heh,heh ) ..... The problem is that I like the rear of the ML55 , but the front of the Facelift ..... Mix of them sounds silly!.

·
Registered
2002 ML320, 2013 GL450
434 Posts
Pete - where's the sticky?

Do you really need a horn that loud? Do you plan on using it on the mountains of the Swiss Alps? The echoes of the horn will cause an avalanche... :)

·
Registered
Brabus ML 270CDI
1,904 Posts
yeeeeeAAAAHHHHHHHH! Seriously the OEM one is very tweeky for a ML ... the ML55 ones would have done the job ... but at least now I'll get the respect when needed!

:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts