Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 C320
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what's embarassing? Having a Honda Civic with a 4" tailpipe beat you in an accelleration race.

So I kick the gas hard and when it shifts from first to second, it doesn't make it. It shifts to neutral. If I manually shift to neutral and back into drive (obviously have automatic), it's fine.

This doesn't trip a check engine light or causes the transmission to go into "limp home mode". The car and diagnostics acts like it never happened--as if my knee hit the shifter and slipped it into neutral.

Any idea other than a new tranny?

Other info:

2001 C320, 5-speed automatic with tiptronic shifting (car was not in tiptronic when it went into neutral), transmission oil, filter, and gasket changed two or three months ago. This happened prior to the tranny oil change and don't think it's related. Service done by MB dealer. Tranny was not flushed because flushing is for toilets.

·
Registered
2002 ML320
1,951 Posts
They should have flushed it when it was in for service... you need to get the old fluid out of the torque converter... they flushed my 2000... shifts so much better now... I can hammer the gas and it shifts perfectly.

I have never had my car slip into neutral when accelerating... I would have the dealer that did the service take a look at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts